Tapatalk update

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the new version now. I'd like to see the font a little bolder but it's ok.

Me too, I'm getting used to it I guess. I agree with the font, it does need to be bolder & even a little larger for what they call the "large" size.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink are you using the light or dark theme?

I've tried both actually. I keep going back and forth between the two because it seems neither one is a relief for my eyes. I'm currently using the light theme and I struggle seeing the font, forcing me to use my reading glasses. When I use the dark theme, because I have issues with some colors (certain color resistance) I can't see a lot of I guess what's supposed to be there as far as writing lol. Like those orange dots are hard for me to make out.

May I add, my reading glasses are only +1.25 so I don't need a super strength....just a little something to help out

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried both actually. I keep going back and forth between the two because it seems neither one is a relief for my eyes. I'm currently using the light theme and I struggle seeing the font, forcing me to use my reading glasses. When I use the dark theme, because I have issues with some colors (certain color resistance) I can't see a lot of I guess what's supposed to be there as far as writing lol. Like those orange dots are hard for me to make out.

I'm using the light theme as well. I have used the dark theme a few times. But I can see better with the light one. Sometimes it's harder for me to see on the dark theme.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the light theme as well. I have used the dark theme a few times. But I can see better with the light one. Sometimes it's harder for me to see on the dark theme.
I've had cataracts and detached retinas in both eyes. Brightness blinds me. I real white screen is almost like looking at the Sun. I have the brightness set on about 30%. The dark theme is much easier on me. It's why I use Tweetbot and other apps that offer a dark theme. Got it with Super Calendar. I'm waiting for the first to offer an email client with a dark theme. It's why I hate the iOS 7 look and the the low contrast light gray text that has been so popular. It's hard for me to read the predictive words on the stock keyboard. The contrast is too low. I'll be glad when textures and shadows are hip again. LOL.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got that. Let us know what you think. Is the font the same?

Does it have different color themes?

Is it the same as the old pro version

Does it not suck?

I have all the same questions, lol. I've reverted back to using the iMore app because Tapatalk is still just too suckie for me, especially with the minute font and lack of more theme colors for those of us with vision problems !

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Not a day goes by where I go to the app store and read the still negative comments on tapatalk even with the "fixed new version" it claims. I still have the pro version so I am using this instead. The new one can stuff it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have all the same questions, lol. I've reverted back to using the iMore app because Tapatalk is still just too suckie for me, especially with the minute font and lack of more theme colors for those of us with vision problems !

I am just done with this back and fourth, I'm settling on the Pro version and dealing with the larger size as compared to the crap the new one is. Just can't bring myself to like it. Thank god I still have the pro version on my iPad that looks normal.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am just done with this back and fourth, I'm settling on the Pro version and dealing with the larger size as compared to the crap the new one is. Just can't bring myself to like it. Thank god I still have the pro version on my iPad that looks normal.

Your lucky to have the pro version....back in the day when it was I avail I didn't purchase it. Then when I wanted to it was no longer avail. Believe me, I'm tired of this back & forth sh*t between the two forums apps as well....

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Your lucky to have the pro version....back in the day when it was I avail I didn't purchase it. Then when I wanted to it was no longer avail. Believe me, I'm tired of this back & forth sh*t between the two forums apps as well....

I'd pay $20 for it if they bought it back. It used to be the best software out there. I'm mobile most of the day and it just plain sucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711