Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Default Re: Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Your lucky to have the pro version....back in the day when it was I avail I didn't purchase it. Then when I wanted to it was no longer avail. Believe me, I'm tired of this back & forth sh*t between the two forums apps as well....
    I'd pay $20 for it if they bought it back. It used to be the best software out there. I'm mobile most of the day and it just plain sucks.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Default Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    I'd pay $20 for it if they bought it back. It used to be the best software out there. I'm mobile most of the day and it just plain sucks.
    Same here......when I'm on the forums it's mostly from my iPad Air or my 5S if I'm out.

I've just made a decision to delete Tapatalk again.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Same here......when I'm on the forums it's mostly from my iPad Air or my 5S if I'm out.
    Same here I use my iPad because the app looks like its supposed to even thought its not available anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
    I Agree. I first got TapaTalk, then I purchased TapaTalk Pro and then TapaTalk Red (Android only, not sure if you guys remember those different colors). I didn't see anything wrong with the way TapaTalk use to be....Now I have the "new" Free version on my iPad only. I'm so glad I was able to keep TapaTalk Pro. I currently use the Pro and "old free" version on my 5s and my Air2 and sometimes go into the iPad free version to see what the updates bring.
    I do understand the importance of updating an app, but I don't understand getting rid of great features and user satisfaction for an update.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

It's great that they want to keep the app up to date but to make it such a visual heavy app is so wrong. It made for a device with a small screen, not a laptop. I just want an app with text plain and simple. It's for reading. I just can't see their path.

Default Tapatalk update

Haven't noticed anything different except the header. Don't recall it. This was not a major update. Probably to fix an issue. I have had some loading problems since updating. You can see in the screenshot how both the page loading spinning wheel thingy and the refresh spinning thingy are both spinning non stop. It finally stopped, but I don't know how. I'm gonna go to the TapaTalk Community Forum and see what's going on. Notice the pics on the header? What's that about? Cars and whatnot? Why couldn't they have put pics of iPhones and iPads? Or an ?

Tapatalk update-imageuploadedbytapatalk1422927872.889713.jpg
    Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I think I'll skip the new beta. The latest ver. 3.5 is actually running well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I Agree. I first got TapaTalk, then I purchased TapaTalk Pro and then TapaTalk Red (Android only, not sure if you guys remember those different colors). I didn't see anything wrong with the way TapaTalk use to be....Now I have the "new" Free version on my iPad only. I'm so glad I was able to keep TapaTalk Pro. I currently use the Pro and "old free" version on my 5s and my Air2 and sometimes go into the iPad free version to see what the updates bring.
    I do understand the importance of updating an app, but I don't understand getting rid of great features and user satisfaction for an update.
    I had the Pro version as well and thought it was fine. But to my surprise I've been on the new version for a few days and I'm actually liking it. I wish the font was different but other than that I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    I had the Pro version as well and thought it was fine. But to my surprise I've been on the new version for a few days and I'm actually liking it. I wish the font was different but other than that I'm ok with it.
    Agree, I find the new version to be not to bad. But still tend to use the website more.

I'm also using the new version on my iPad and it's ok, I still like the Pro version the best. Just wish I didn't miss out on the gold and black theme for the pro version

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I'm also using the new version on my iPad and it's ok, I still like the Pro version the best. Just wish I didn't miss out on the gold and black theme for the pro version
    Gold and Black, Bruins colors. I like.

Another update just now seems to have fixed the slow loading issue. Maybe! Time will tell. But it is working ok so far. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Another update just now seems to have fixed the slow loading issue. Maybe! Time will tell. But it is working ok so far. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.

What update? Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    What update? Beta?
    Yes. They just released another beta version.

Yes. They just released another beta version.
    Oh okay. Thanks...

What update? Beta?
    Yep. A beta. It said 3.5.1, which is what the last one was. Maybe I'm not seeing it all.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Yep. A beta. It said 3.5.1, which is what the last one was. Maybe I'm not seeing it all.

The build number after the 3.5.1 was different.

. It seems all forums have the same header image. That's kind of stupid. What's the point of the header if they're all the same? They should give the forum owners the option to use the image of their own choice. Like on the profile header. I chose that myself. Well, the one in the old version.
    Now you're just complaining to complain.

They do give forum owners the option to change it, it is set by the category your forum is under in tapatalk's directory. If you change it, then it will update from the default. Even then you may need to clear tapatalk cache (or reinstall/update) for it to show.

But the option is there for forum owners.

Has anyone tried the new beta?

I haven't. Having said that, is anyone having problems receiving notifications via the latest official Tapatalk version?

Yup no issues

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Now you're just complaining to complain.

They do give forum owners the option to change it, it is set by the category your forum is under in tapatalk's directory. If you change it, then it will update from the default. Even then you may need to clear tapatalk cache (or reinstall/update) for it to show.

But the option is there for forum owners.
    Is the background for the iMore forum the same as it was or is it a default background?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

Default Tapatalk update

I haven't. Having said that, is anyone having problems receiving notifications via the latest official Tapatalk version?
    Yes, I was D. Tapatalk version 3.5. Notifications became very spotty - duplicate notification or just late compared to the time it was actually posted at...sometimes delayed as much as an hour or I just never received a notification at all.

Oh, and the badge would only show when it felt like it.

Yes, I was D. Tapatalk version 3.5. Notifications became very spotty - duplicate notification or just late compared to the time it was actually posted at...sometimes delayed as much as an hour or I just never received a notification at all.

Oh, and the badge would only show when it felt like it.
    Thank you, Pink. I haven't received any iMore-related notifications today via the latest Tapatalk release (non-beta). I wonder what's up with that....

Thank you, Pink. I haven't received any iMore-related notifications today via the latest Tapatalk release (non-beta). I wonder what's up with that....
    Same here D.
Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast