- 12-27-2014, 09:07 PM #2
I'm on wifi and refuse to do Facebook on Cellular. It helps to turn location services off and turn background app refresh off for Facebook. Also go to Settings >Facebook>Settings>and set video auto-play to wifi only. Those videos on Facebook will kill you on Cellular. Even those you don't watch.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
- 01-15-2015, 07:35 PM #4
Re: Is your Facebook app using GB's of data?
I experienced the same thing one month. Seems there has been a bit of "partnering" between YouTube (Google) and FB. As was stated above, need to ensure that the settings to allow video is off. I had to go to the extent of completely logging out of FB to make sure that the videos weren't running in the background. Haven't had a 12+ GB (18+GB on the girlfriend's) bill on my 4GB plan since. Logging out is the best failsafe to ensure that the video services aren't reactivated without you're knowledge.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2014, 02:27 PM
- By Narong Aunthee in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-21-2014, 11:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2014, 09:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2014, 04:10 PM