BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm just saying there seem to be a lot of problems with it not updating and displaying incorrect temperature badges. There are a lot of apps to choose from. If any app--not just a weather app--isn't doing the one thing it's supposed to do I get rid of it very quickly.

BeWeather isn't a bad weather app. I like it. I just don't like dealing with bugs when there are other options available.

I haven't seen a temp badge that stays current on any App. They all lag. And while there are push issues at times, I like the customization of the app. Creating your own weather iconset is fun. And the weather share feature is nice and something other weather apps don't have. I have other weather apps that are more dependable. But most don't have a temp badge at all. And the weather stats come from the airport, which is about 15 or 20 miles away. The personal weather station I use most in BeWeather and Weather Underground is 1 mile away. I like the ability to customize the widget and change the location on the widget without opening the app. There's still some issues with push, even after yesterday's update. But I'm gonna wait until after iOS 10 rolls out and @pfluger has time to adjust for the new OS before I gripe.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the update (had removed it) and for the time since, including several removes and re-downloads, I have been unable to download any icon sets. I've tried several different sets also. Here is what I get.

IMG_0012.PNG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a device reboot. My custom weather sets are showing with no problems...
2a941655afff91b6b0dbf869052d0393.jpg

90ff6385bba62db8b81d9006bb5c229a.jpg

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
How do you get a link to paste? I use Clich? and I do not see a way to get a link to paste, into I assume, the custom screen when that is clicked???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you get a link to paste? I use Clich? and I do not see a way to get a link to paste, into I assume, the custom screen when that is clicked???

The iconsets we have the links for were custom made. I created one but someone else made the link for me. Has to be done on a computer. You can find some of the links on this thread.

Show Us Your BeWeather Icons For Your iPhone/iPad !
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=311134

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I did my format links for Apple BeWeather2 custom sets on my iPhone thru my Dropbox app. A computer is not needed for the format.
I just used my old BeWeather sets from previous platforms and just formatted them for the Apple version.
Similar to the screen shot below..
abc18d84b581148534fa6a649fe4c5b8.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did my format links for Apple BeWeather2 custom sets on my iPhone thru my Dropbox app. A computer is not needed for the format.
I just used my old BeWeather sets from previous platforms and just formatted them for the Apple version.
Similar to the screen shot below..
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/abc18d84b581148534fa6a649fe4c5b8.jpg

Explain how it's done from scratch on iPhone? How do you get the link without a computer? You already had yours. So I do the artwork, get the icons the correct resolution, then what? On iPhone, how do I turn that set into a link that can be entered in the App?

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Explain how it's done from scratch on iPhone? How do you get the link without a computer? You already had yours. So I do the artwork, get the icons the correct resolution, then what? On iPhone, how do I turn that set into a link that can be entered in the App?

I did not have the correct link for BeWeather2. I first had to put the set into my Dropbox app and create a link and then format it for the Apple Version of BeWeather (2).
In the screen shot below #1 is the Dropbox link and #2 is the format for BeWeather2
7ae6b9cff6e51dea7c019507b5c60c85.jpg

If you referring to turning individual weather icons into an actual set, no that can't be done on the iPhone and you do need a computer for that, but that was not the original question. He's trying to get a link to paste into the custom slot on the BeWeather2 custom area.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did not have the correct link for BeWeather2. I first had to put the set into my Dropbox app and create a link and then format it for the Apple Version of BeWeather (2).
In the screen shot below #1 is the Dropbox link and #2 is the format for BeWeather2
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160906/7ae6b9cff6e51dea7c019507b5c60c85.jpg
If you referring to turning individual weather icons into an actual set, no that can't be done on the iPhone and you do need a computer for that, but that was not the original question. He's trying to get a link to paste into the custom slot on the BeWeather2 custom area.

Because he's using the wrong kind of link? What's "Clich?"?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Because he's using the wrong kind of link? What's "Clich?"?

Exactly my point and that's what I said from the beginning. Nothing to do with with actually creating a weather set. I do not know what "Clich?" is, but if he puts the weather set into Dropbox it will give the link that can be formatted for BeWeather2 than copy and paste into the custom area.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly my point and that's what I said from the beginning. Nothing to do with with actually creating a weather set. I do not know what "Clich?" is, but if he puts the weather set into Dropbox it will give the link that can be formatted for BeWeather2 than copy and paste into the custom area.

Cliche is one of the sets in the iconset list in the App. He uses that and can't find a way to get a link to paste. He doesn't have anything for Dropbox. He wants ready to go links. LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Cliche is one of the sets in the iconset list in the App. He uses that and can't find a way to get a link to paste. He doesn't have anything for Dropbox. He wants ready to go links. LOL

Wait, he's not talking about a custom weather set?..LOL . Just tap on the set.
e9d112b82f613313f0f62c4d2496f19d.jpg

Humm, it seems to be working for me.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
WOW... you guys. I guess thanks. Yes, the Clich? set is a listed set and normally I just click on it. I thought you were suggesting to use a link to bypass the click and directly download it using the custom button to paste.

That said, the "clicking on it" is what was not working. Actually clicking on any listed set timed out without downloading that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
WOW... you guys. I guess thanks. Yes, the Clich? set is a listed set and normally I just click on it. I thought you were suggesting to use a link to bypass the click and directly download it using the custom button to paste.

That said, the "clicking on it" is what was not working. Actually clicking on any listed set timed out without downloading that.

The sets listed in the App don't have a link. You just tap on them. Are you saying that doesn't work? None of them work?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Have tried doing a device reboot?

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Correct. Clicking on those links... multiple ones, did not work.

Now this started several days ago. It now works, but of point of interest: I had tried, rebooting, and reinstalling etc. numerous times during the period it did not work.

Yesterday I tired again and it worked.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Correct. Clicking on those links... multiple ones, did not work.

Now this started several days ago. It now works, but of point of interest: I had tried, rebooting, and reinstalling etc. numerous times during the period it did not work.

Yesterday I tired again and it worked.

Glad it's working now. Could there have been a signal connectivity issue? Can't think of anything else that would've caused that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox