BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.

I'm on the official App Store latest version and my BW stopped updating properly on Tuesday or Wednesday. No lock screen notifications no weather alerts and the badge isn't updating either. I haven't changed anything on my 6S+. As far as I can see my iPad mini is updating properly tho with lock screen weather alerts. I have hourly l/s off on the mini.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the official App Store latest version and my BW stopped updating properly on Tuesday or Wednesday. No lock screen notifications no weather alerts and the badge isn't updating either. I haven't changed anything on my 6S+. As far as I can see my iPad mini is updating properly tho with lock screen weather alerts. I have hourly l/s off on the mini.

Mine has been lagging a bit here and there as well. I look in Settings and push has occurred. Yet the temp badge gets behind, the hourly sometimes lags and I'm not sure about alerts yet. If I open the app and refresh it all, it does fine for a while. Then at some point it starts to lag again. But it's not just BeWeather 2. I see lag/push issues with eWeather HD as well. And I don't get any notifications from Weather Underground at all. I've done everything I can think of.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been lagging a bit here and there as well. I look in Settings and push has occurred. Yet the temp badge gets behind, the hourly sometimes lags and I'm not sure about alerts yet. If I open the app and refresh it all, it does fine for a while. Then at some point it starts to lag again. But it's not just BeWeather 2. I see lag/push issues with eWeather HD as well. And I don't get any notifications from Weather Underground at all. I've done everything I can think of.

Same here Led, refreshing everything fixes it temporarily but the stalls out again. My other weather app, Clear Day, has been fine as far as giving me timely weather alerts. Clear Day alerts actually come in before BW's even do, if BW even pop up at all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here Led, refreshing everything fixes it temporarily but the stalls out again. My other weather app, Clear Day, has been fine as far as giving me timely weather alerts. Clear Day alerts actually come in before BW's even do, if BW even pop up at all.

I don't see the hourly much because my phone is always open. But my old iPhone 5 lights up with it every hour.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any notification in a long time. I've all but given up...oh well, maybe in a future update....hopefully

You should be seeing the hourly. Check all your notifications in Settings and in the App. Toggle all of them off, then back on. Pull the location list screen down to refresh. Be sure your phone is set to lock immediately. Then turn it off at 5 til the hour and wait. At 5 past the hour, push the home button with a non fingerprint finger. It should be there.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You should be seeing the hourly. Check all your notifications in Settings and in the App. Toggle all of them off, then back on. Pull the location list screen down to refresh. Be sure your phone is set to lock immediately. Then turn it off at 5 til the hour and wait. At 5 past the hour, push the home button with a non fingerprint finger. It should be there.

Been there done that. Thanks anyway

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess I must be on a roll since not only am I getting the wind chill alerts, but my Apple Watch location is being changed automatically! The stars are aligned I guess! Oh and I'm also getting the hour lock screen weather but I'm not using them since they're really redundant with the watch complication.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the hourly much because my phone is always open. But my old iPhone 5 lights up with it every hour.

Seems the program has a mind of its own. Sometimes hourly updates in the lock screen, sometimes not? I leave it running in the background as suggested, but doesn't help. Strange.....

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally received a BeWeather2 lock screen notification. WOW.

c9d885859e7eb67f20be29b11d31e789.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Using the App Store App
Traveled 100. Miles east of my hone this weekend
IPad Air updated to my new location.
IPhone 6S did not. Finally had to hit the reset at the top of the scree on the second day.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems the program has a mind of its own. Sometimes hourly updates in the lock screen, sometimes not? I leave it running in the background as suggested, but doesn't help. Strange.....

Opening the app a couple times a day and refreshing it helps. But it's been doing better the past week. It is strange. Not sure what all affects the push and notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR