BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Weather channel put out an icy alert this AM for this area. Appeared on lock screen.
BeWeather (newest from app store) had that warning in notification center later, but it never appeared on home screen. Badge was red in App also.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Weather channel put out an icy alert this AM for this area. Appeared on lock screen.
BeWeather (newest from app store) had that warning in notification center later, but it never appeared on home screen. Badge was red in App also.

Do you have notifications set to "alerts"?

e02a51702926425b7dfb5fdd13944a5f.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so here's an update to my kooky situation with BW. since I've changed my ws yesterday, closed out the app and then reopened to let it run in the background, after a couple of hours it actually started giving me lock screen notifications. I was out most of the day yesterday while it updated in LTE but it didn't update my location so I hat was the only prob. When I came home on wifi it updated.

So hopefully I didn't just jinx myself and it'll continue to keep having lock screen notifications 🏽🏽

jbailey1974

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Great app! I love that it uses WU for the data! Is there a way to display the "Feels Like" temp on the glance for Apple Watch? It doesn't appear so but I may be missing something. If not maybe that would be a great update! Accuweather has that and I love it but I hate Accuweather.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine are set to banners. actually they always have been and worked before. Weather Channel, Storm and WU also are set to banners. They all work. Normally whatever is on the screen remains until I unlock it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine are set to banners. actually they always have been and worked before. Weather Channel, Storm and WU also are set to banners. They all work. Normally whatever is on the screen remains until I unlock it.

You got pop up alerts set on banner? Or banner alerts at the top?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Great app! I love that it uses WU for the data! Is there a way to display the "Feels Like" temp on the glance for Apple Watch? It doesn't appear so but I may be missing something. If not maybe that would be a great update! Accuweather has that and I love it but I hate Accuweather.

In my area, the "feels like" seems to always be the same as the temp. In Weather Underground and in BeWeather 2. It must be a personal weather station thing. If not that, you might use humidity for summer and wind for winter.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I read your reply and got confused. Here are my settings. I am getting updates throughout the day.

However on Monday when there was an "Ice" alert (red alert from Weather Channel IN their app, in addition a notice on the lock screen, which lit it up to alert me as it were) but nothing appeared like that from BW. When I unlocked phone, in the Weather Channel app AND BW app, there was the ICE warning (using red banner in BW). I then went to my notifications panel (slide from the top) and it showed BW and Weather Channel alerts --- the only thing different between the two apps, was "lighting up" my iPhone with the alert when it was issued. Weather Channel came through and I intentionally left the iPhone untouched to see if BW did the same and it did not after another 15 minutes.

NOTE: these setting are what I have always used in BW and it always worked before with lighting up the screen when phone is off and locked.

IMG_1119.jpgIMG_1120.jpgIMG_1121.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I read your reply and got confused. Here are my settings. I am getting updates throughout the day.

However on Monday when there was an "Ice" alert (red alert from Weather Channel IN their app, in addition a notice on the lock screen, which lit it up to alert me as it were) but nothing appeared like that from BW. When I unlocked phone, in the Weather Channel app AND BW app, there was the ICE warning (using red banner in BW). I then went to my notifications panel (slide from the top) and it showed BW and Weather Channel alerts --- the only thing different between the two apps, was "lighting up" my iPhone with the alert when it was issued. Weather Channel came through and I intentionally left the iPhone untouched to see if BW did the same and it did not after another 15 minutes.

NOTE: these setting are what I have always used in BW and it always worked before with lighting up the screen when phone is off and locked.

View attachment 101580View attachment 101581View attachment 101582

I was referring to notifications.
Here:
5c275ce463ecaab6e91c27812f6a94ed.jpg

So on banner you get a pop up like this?
1f512f8743e6c64e541ba4eeb3aea42b.jpg

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
no received nothing you could call "pop-up" that needed a click to removed. It was a notification found in the Notifications panel of the slide down.... in the listing. It had not popped up on the screen like above. The app itself displayed a notice on the red banner bar when the app was opened. But upon unlocking the phone to home screen, nothing came up. In other words if I did not look for a notice I would not have found anything, The weather Channel however worked properly and lit up the screen as it sat next to me on the table.— over kill explanation I imagine. Sorry.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
no received nothing you could call "pop-up" that needed a click to removed. It was a notification found in the Notifications panel of the slide down.... in the listing. It had not popped up on the screen like above. The app itself displayed a notice on the red banner bar when the app was opened. But upon unlocking the phone to home screen, nothing came up. In other words if I did not look for a notice I would not have found anything, The weather Channel however worked properly and lit up the screen as it sat next to me on the table.? over kill explanation I imagine. Sorry.

Yeah, the slide down is the banner. If you want the pop up, you have to set it to alerts like I have it in notifications. A difference is the banner shows a few seconds then goes away. The pop up alert will stay until you dismiss it. I like that for severe weather alerts. Some don't. Do you not like the temp badge?

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I'll change to alerts and see what happens. But I never had to set it before.

I turn on the temp sometimes ... Mostly when there is to be very hot or very cold weather and let it run. But normally I don't care about it. :D

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No push since 7:00 pm last night. It's now 8:48 am. Temp badge says 55?. It's 43?.
Still push issues?
c3dfc3773e6123036d3f5e418c686ba6.jpg

After opening the app to jump start it, push occurred at 9:01 am, along with the hourly notification. Temp badge now correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.