BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you know why the widget is always refreshing for so long? It shows temperature from hours before then it is refreshing so long (the wheel spinning) and then gives me current temp. So I'll see a -1 temp from this morning then it refreshes for 2 to 3 minutes I see a current temperature of +5 in the afternoon. Then again I check the widget later in the afternoon or evening and it will show not the last temperature of +5 but the -1 from the morning before it refreshes for 2 to 3 minutes to show me the current temp. So annoying, Other weather app widget do not do this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you know why the widget is always refreshing for so long? It shows temperature from hours before then it is refreshing so long (the wheel spinning) and then gives me current temp. So I'll see a -1 temp from this morning then it refreshes for 2 to 3 minutes I see a current temperature of +5 in the afternoon. Then again I check the widget later in the afternoon or evening and it will show not the last temperature of +5 but the -1 from the morning before it refreshes for 2 to 3 minutes to show me the current temp. So annoying, Other weather app widget do not do this.

Are you referring to the widget in the notification center on the today screen? If so, you may have to many sections. Go in the App to the sections and pick only 4. Try that.

Or do you refer to the red badge?

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Seems unusual. I have never selected the alerts option and I have other "Push" alerts show up for other apps. I don't know. right now it is broke obviously for anything push. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now. I've been getting regular notifications using the weather channel because of this storm. Don't care for their layout much, but function over appearance will win the day in my opinion.

Even weather underground has the alerts.

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 6.31.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-23 at 6.32.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-23 at 6.32.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-23 at 6.33.35 AM.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems unusual. I have never selected the alerts option and I have other "Push" alerts show up for other apps. I don't know. right now it is broke obviously for anything push. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now. I've been getting regular notifications using the weather channel because of this storm. Don't care for their layout much, but function over appearance will win the day in my opinion.

Even weather underground has the alerts.

View attachment 101416View attachment 101417View attachment 101418View attachment 101419

Are you on beta or the App Store version? I'm on beta and it's been working fairly well for the hourly as well as the alerts. The alerts are sparse. You don't see as many from BeWeather as some other weather apps. Even so, sometimes it just stops. Then I go in the App and toggle the 3 toggles off and back on. This seems to help. But I shouldn't have to do it. My last push was at 3:32 am this morning. Yet I still got the hourly at 5:00 am.
88b0bda5554eca0f34d78c4d4e22ff30.jpg

I haven't gotten one alert from Weather Underground.?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the App Store version and the only time it updates at all is if I open the app.

OK. He's still working on it, thus the beta. It's gotten better on beta. But it comes and goes. It's working for now. It does seem I have to occasionally open the app to jump start it. It's not as stable as it should be.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have Beweather, Dark Sky, and Storm all on to test alerts. Storm is the quickest to alert and I have yet to get an alert with Beweather (beta, background on, etc.). Storm and Dark Sky both give precipitation alerts (customizable) in addition to severe weather alerts.

I will keep testing with beweather thru this beta testing phase but not encouraging so far.

curver2

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by curver2 View Post
you need to foreground the BeWeather2 app to get alerts. It sucks.
What do you mean by "foreground the app"?

Open the app and turn off the screen while in the app. Then you will get the notifications. If you are in the homescreen or any other app when you turn off the screen, then the app is backgrounded.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just traveled from New Hampshire, where we are missing the storm, to Rhode Island, where it's snowing moderately. I was here less than 5 minutes before I got a Winter Weather alert. Seems to be working fine for me. The "hourly" notifications are kind of iffy though.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Storm giving alerts. Odd because that is Weather Underground right? Ledsteplin isn't receiving them. I wonder if the problem is with them?? But that would bring up the problem of BW's source. We in central PA are not getting anything weather-wise. the alert hasn't changed.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you referring to the widget in the notification center on the today screen? If so, you may have to many sections. Go in the App to the sections and pick only 4. Try that.

Or do you refer to the red badge?

Yes I am referring to the widget in the notification center. I have only picked 3 selections.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am referring to the widget in the notification center. I have only picked 3 selections.

Have you tried removing it and then adding it back? I haven't heard of anyone having problems with only 3 sections. If you use the location section, remove it and add a different one.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this app today and really love the design but functionality is certainly lacking at this point. The "reported at" time is terribly slow to update. Is that how it is supposed to be or should it update every time I open the app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I purchased this app today and really love the design but functionality is certainly lacking at this point. The "reported at" time is terribly slow to update. Is that how it is supposed to be or should it update every time I open the app?

Ha ha, I don't know about "reported at". It updates when I open the app mostly. Sometimes it's already updated. When I pull down the today screen for the widget, it's always updated to the current time. I'm on the beta app. The developer is currently working to fix some of the loading and push issues.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

"Reported at" is the last time the weather station reported new weather data. Depending on the weather station this could be as slow as once an hour (usually airport locations) or every couple of minutes (private weather stations).

This is not the time when BeWeather last updated. The time BeWeather last downloaded data from the weather servers is available when you open the places sidebar and pull down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox