BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No alert here. We have a winter weather advisory, but no alert. The red bar shows in the App. That's it. I didn't have an hourly notification this morning either. I did, however, have 2 alerts from eWeather HD.

The winter Weather advisory was issued by the weather service at 9:50 pm, then again at 3:42 am.

Mine was technically not an alert, but a special weather statement (twice). It did appear on the lock screen as well as the app. The same statement also appeared twice from eWeather HD as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so after opening the BeWeather app and toggling the 3 toggles off, then back on, I did get the hourly notification. But still have not seen an alert for the winter weather advisory. It should have been there when I woke at 5 am.
I shouldn't have to open the app to jump start the hourly notifications.

d24cffd130b59cabd9083f630c26d540.jpg

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ledsteplin:

That's strange, because I am receiving the periodic lockscreen weather notifications (I'm not sure they're hourly; the last one was 45 minutes ago) and as I mentioned earlier, the alerts. Reminds me of something that I believe you posted a few days ago as to how so many people with basically the same phones can get such different behavior from the same app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ledsteplin:

That's strange, because I am receiving the periodic lockscreen weather notifications (I'm not sure they're hourly; the last one was 45 minutes ago) and as I mentioned earlier, the alerts. Reminds me of something that I believe you posted a few days ago as to how so many people with basically the same phones can get such different behavior from the same app.

I think he did say the hourly may come also at other times other than on the hour.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
We have a new beta.

Version 2.2.25 in tandem with our server side changes should fix the unreliable weather alerts and lock screen notifications. Please give it a try and let me know.

Hi I sent you a PM about joining the beta last week. Any chance I can get in? Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What I don't get is it works for some people but not others. It's not working for me now. No alerts at all. I get them with eWeather HD! But not BeWeather 2. None. We have a dense fog advisory. No alert though. Just the red bar in the App. The hourly notifications have about stopped. Sometimes I can open the app and jump start them. But it doesn't last. They came regularly on the last build. They were working much better with the App Store version. Some are getting alerts and the hourly. Not sure if they're using the beta or not. In Settings, it shows that push is occurring regularly, yet nothing is pushed. Even the red temp badge only updates when I open the app. All this is happening on all 3 of my phones. 6s Plus, 5c, and 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:
OK, so last night I opened the app and toggled the 3 toggles off, then back on. Then at 10:32 pm I get the hourly notification. I fall asleep, wake just after midnight and there's nothing. I open the app again and fiddle with the toggles. Go to sleep. Wake just after 3 am and there's an hourly notification. Then after 4 am there's an hourly and an alert.
396940e0456a55388f0da5f599ee55c2.jpg

There's hope. I continue to get the hourly so far. Not sure about the alert. It's only showed on the lock screen that one time. No pop up while the phone is open. We should get a winter weather advisory for tomorrow. Snow accumulation is expected. We'll see! .
It's an improvement.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing he means that the app has to be running in the background???

But I'm sure that most of us are already doing that.

Yeah. I never swipe it out of multitasking. I have no idea how much it runs there. I don't think it's significant. It doesn't even show as running in the background much. All apps do a little. Here's my battery list.
The only ones running in the background too much are Facebook. TapaTalk and mail.
467287736013a802c24b35a82406ff65.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods