BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
For data, my understanding is that it's pulled from Weather Underground and as such a local/personal station most likely. Could be it be that there are issues with those personal weather stations? Right now my weather is being updated from someone's station just a few blocks away.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
For data, my understanding is that it's pulled from Weather Underground and as such a local/personal station most likely. Could be it be that there are issues with those personal weather stations? Right now my weather is being updated from someone's station just a few blocks away.

I've tried several stations around my city and it doesn't seem to improve the performance. Also, if the benefit of WU is localization, why would I have to choose a location miles from me to get updates that may or may not reflect my weather conditions? Any weather app could work in that situation.

Ledsteplin: Does the Storm app have the same issues as WU?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried several stations around my city and it doesn't seem to improve the performance. Also, if the benefit of WU is localization, why would I have to choose a location miles from me to get updates that may or may not reflect my weather conditions? Any weather app could work in that situation.

I haven't noticed any issues with WU or Storm. My problem with BeWeather seems to be the PWS doesn't update until I open the app. Well, it does, but lags a lot. The temp and "reported at" is often several hours behind. Yet, push seems to be timely. I'll keep an eye on WU and Storm.

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any issues with WU or Storm. My problem with BeWeather seems to be the PWS doesn't update until I open the app. Well, it does, but lags a lot. The temp and "reported at" is often several hours behind. Yet, push seems to be timely. I'll keep an eye on WU and Storm.

Same issue here :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Here's what's going on with the beta. I haven't tested the market version.
I notice the temp says 46?, but another app says 61?.
e589c818fef39a1257a98b4f6a163b35.jpg

So I check in Settings for push. It looks timely.

986b7c54917efbdf316a6ae90d6b298c.jpg

So I open the BeWeather 2 app, and it first shows 37? reported at 7:53 am.

8619ea242ad42b766661aa68e96560be.jpg

Then it changes to 61? reported at 12:53 pm.
172815ca3b2bbe5676a8de028d7c5d33.jpg

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes, good thought on the localization benefits.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have 2 PWS fairly close to me I use. One is 1 mile away and the other 2 miles away. You don't have any close by? It happens. But the airport, where most weather apps get their info, is almost 20 miles away.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 PWS fairly close to me I use. One is 1 mile away and the other 2 miles away. You don't have any close by? It happens. But the airport, where most weather apps get their info, is almost 20 miles away.

I only have one that's close by. I'm also noticing today that the app is not following my location. At least not changing the name of the location. The behavior of the app is really frustrating lately. Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable replacement! In addition, still no notifications (just got a winter weather advisory). And yes, all my GPS and notifications settings are correct.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only have one that's close by. I'm also noticing today that the app is not following my location. At least not changing the name of the location. The behavior of the app is really frustrating lately. Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable replacement! In addition, still no notifications (just got a winter weather advisory). And yes, all my GPS and notifications settings are correct.

Just remember, the first one in your locations list is the GPS one that should follow you. Mine is set to a local PWS. But if I go out of town, it should change to whatever my current location is. My 2nd location on the list is also local. It will remain there, regardless of where I am.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say this, but I just deleted Beweather from my phone. I'm tired of the inaccurate conditions and lack of notifications. Installed eWeather HD and have received 2 severe weather alerts already. And the temperature and conditions are spot on. I just wish that the UI was as good as BW's. I sure hope that pfluger can get this straightened out soon.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say this, but I just deleted Beweather from my phone. I'm tired of the inaccurate conditions and lack of notifications. Installed eWeather HD and have received 2 severe weather alerts already. And the temperature and conditions are spot on. I just wish that the UI was as good as BW's. I sure hope that pfluger can get this straightened out soon.

Unfortunately I have to say I won't be too far behind you in doing the same I was going to dwld TWC and try it out as well as eWeather.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have to say I won't be too far behind you in doing the same I was going to dwld TWC and try it out as well as eWeather.

I've found eWeather to be the most reliable of the weather apps as they exist right now. TWC is very good but requires a lot of scrolling to get the whole weather picture IMO. Poor user interface. Good luck in your search!

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just moved to Storm (developed by weather underground). It was released in 2015 and is not the regular weather underground app. Once I figured out the UI and gestures, I really like it. Alerts work well and it has lightning alerts which I always wanted in Beweather. There are a couple of enhancements I would like to see in Storm and sent an request to the developers who seem to be doing pretty frequent updates.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've found eWeather to be the most reliable of the weather apps as they exist right now. TWC is very good but requires a lot of scrolling to get the whole weather picture IMO. Poor user interface. Good luck in your search!

I have eWeather HD too. I have 10 weather apps. LOL Several are specialized though.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I dwld both. I wound up deleting TWC. Like you said, it takes a lot just to get the whole picture. I've set up eWeather from soup to nuts with temp badge as well. So far, so good🏽 thank you !!

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if this been asked here before but can you somehow change the weather info source in the app ? It's been really wrong the last couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit