BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ipdaye seems to be smooth. Still don't like a notification every hour on what the current conditions are. The reviews on the App Store seem brutal with this update. :/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As a reminder, there is a free version of BeWeather 2. It's basically the same as the paid version with fewer options and no Watch integration. But it works great.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ipdaye seems to be smooth. Still don't like a notification every hour on what the current conditions are. The reviews on the App Store seem brutal with this update. :/

There's only 5 reviews. LOL And one looks like it's yours. Most like the notifications. I do. I like keeping up with the weather throughout the day. Set your lockscreen to 1 hour and you won't see the hourly notification much. Why does it bother you?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Push is slowing up again.
9817bab985315a56ecfc6234c0d69aca.jpg

The 12:03 push was induced by opening the app when I noticed the temp was wrong.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

You can turn the hourly notifications off in BeWeather settings under 'Lockscreen Weather'.

anon(4742831)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
There's only 5 reviews. LOL And one looks like it's yours. Most like the notifications. I do. I like keeping up with the weather throughout the day. Set your lockscreen to 1 hour and you won't see the hourly notification much. Why does it bother you?

Screen lock to 1 hour. What kind of battery life do you think will result in doing this..... Shrug

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Screen lock to 1 hour. What kind of battery life do you think will result in doing this..... Shrug

You're thinking of Autolock! It's not the same thing.
You're thinking of this:
bc32711aaa1cc1422bf851aa0122cd78.jpg

I referred to this. It's how long your phone stays unlocked before it locks. It has no affect on battery use.
634aa4c4d3f1e7910efd7992f0a5ac4a.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lock screen weather is enabled. But I'm not getting any notifications.

Hey pr1nce you need to use the passcode/and or finger print lock for the lock screen notifications for BW to show up.

IF you already have your phone passcode protected, it could just be the app. Ever since I updated to iOS 9.X I've encounter my lock screen notifications stalling out and not showing up until I open the app itself to "jump start" it all again. It seems to still stall out for me every 1-1/2 days (approx aft 24-36hrs) idk why I have everything set properly !! It's very frustrating...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Pink, my phone is passcode protected. I'm going to disable this feature for now.

Are notifications turned on in the App? The phone has to be locked when the hourly notification comes in. The special alerts show regardless. So, you may not be seeing the hourly if your phone isn't locked. If you use the fingerprint, it locks immediately. So to see the hourly, close your phone at say :59. Then wait 5 minutes or so. You should see it. It usually comes in around :02 or so.
I don't use the fingerprint for unlocking my phone. I do use it for the App Store and apps like 1Password. But I do use the passcode and have mine set to 5 minutes. So to see the hourly notification, I have to close my phone at :55. And wait. LOL
I wish it would show the hourly regardless whether the phone is locked or not.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Pink, my phone is passcode protected. I'm going to disable this feature for now.

If you're interested in creating custom iconsets, here's some apps I used to create mine.
Superimpose
Image Size
Background Eraser
Camera+

You can Google many weather png items to use. Like "rain png icons".

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're interested in creating custom iconsets, here's some apps I used to create mine.
Superimpose
Image Size
Background Eraser
Camera+

You can Google many weather png items to use. Like "rain png icons".

Thanks for the custom icon set links. Of course, I'm using the Cardinals icon set. I have a question though. I thought that if I used an icon set it would be saved in the custom icon set section in the app. Is that not correct? I don't see it saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro