BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seriously though, I don't think they should be behind at all.

Go to Weather Underground's website and load up the same station you use. See what time it's reporting and if it shows more up-to-date information.

For a fair comparison, you'd have to compare the Weather Underground app to BeWeather 2, not the website. Maybe that's the difference. IDK! This article may answer some of your questions.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-complexity-of-weather-forecasting-2013-9

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This looks like a bug on WU's weather feed. We are checking what we can do from our side.

Any luck getting this issue worked out with the Weather Underground Feed? This issue is seriously the only thing my friends and I are waiting for. As soon as it's fixed we are all going to buy the app and post about it...to help spread the word.

This app is so nicely designed...just need REAL TIME DATA!

:)

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Pfluger, are you making tweaks on your end? My Weather data is slightly better it seems. Well. At least for one location. It has been updating every 5 minutes or so. Others are still stuck behind nearly 3 hours.

But. Did you do anything on the back end to get data to show up real time?

Thanks so
Much. I'm sorry for the annoyances. I'm just really wanting to use this app once the data issue is fixed. It's so darn good.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger, are you making tweaks on your end? My Weather data is slightly better it seems. Well. At least for one location. It has been updating every 5 minutes or so. Others are still stuck behind nearly 3 hours.

But. Did you do anything on the back end to get data to show up real time?

Thanks so
Much. I'm sorry for the annoyances. I'm just really wanting to use this app once the data issue is fixed. It's so darn good.
Yes, we made some changes to our servers last week. We reduced some of the caching that was done. This seems to be part of the problem.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, we made some changes to our servers last week. We reduced some of the caching that was done. This seems to be part of the problem.

I can report back to you Pfluger that I have my home location added (turned off Location Services for the app) and it is updating in real time. Also, when I force refresh, it appears to refresh! It seems to be working great at the moment! Most of the other locations are working about the same...one has a reported time of about 25 minutes behind, always, but that's not bad!

I do have a question for you.

Weather Underground will sometimes change the default station (auto select) for a location. I'm not exactly sure why, but when I use their app or website and I add my location manually, it will vary on which station it chooses. 90% of the time it will be the same one, but here and there it will auto select one that doesn't typically show up.

Will BeWeather operate the same way? If I don't select a station after adding it, will it just choose the same station that WU will choose?

Just curious how this works.

Thanks, and thank you so much for listening to us and helping to make the App better for us!

Eric

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather has been very accurate in my location. I still consider BeWeather to be the BEST weather app on the market. IMO
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431897978.874288.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431898146.173968.jpg

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Also, I asked Pfluger but I know he's busy. Anyone know if my weather station will always match whichever one Weather Underground is currently defaulting to...if I don't manually change it obviously.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you guys think this app will get abandoned and not updated anymore because it's not as popular as the others?

I hope not. It sucks that this app doesn't show up on the main app page for more people to see. I know people would love it if they only knew it existed.

I keep telling my friends about it. They love it and won't turn back.

littledebbie

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I notice that at some point the daily forecast stops displaying the current day. Is that by design? If so, when does it stop showing the current day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW