BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mmm... I don't find where "current" can be selected.. "Add Location" brings up a search field to enter a zip, city or airport, nothing else. Where do you select "current"? Thxs for the help.

It uses GPS. You'll see the location icon there. That's current. You don't select it. It's the first one you enter.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426187204.575307.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've got it setup like you suggested but went ahead and delete beta and reinstalled it and set it up again like you explained, we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi pfluger,

I know the minutely rain updates are provided by Dark Sky/Forecast, but is there anything that can be done on the BeWeather end, regarding that function not working for me in my area? If this feature worked for me BeWeather 2 would have pretty much all I need. :)

I have tried contacting them myself but they're unresponsive.

Thanks!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes, one other thing, it also shows that my GPS is working Ledsteplin

To enter the current location that will have the minutely, tap "Add My Location".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426281291.580003.jpg

This will be the only one that shows minutely. It can be changed to any other station or airport that's on the local list of personal stations and airports wherever you are.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Curious... why doesn't BeWeather show in the Weather section on iTunes?

It's № 123 in the Paid list:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426680461.462359.jpg

It's not yet in the top 150 of the free list. And if you type in Weather Apps in the search bar, there's over 7,000 listed. If you narrow it down to free weather apps you still get over 5,000. But if you narrow it down to free Weather Widget apps, you get only 51 results. BeWeather 2 Free is № 20 on that list.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426680905.485526.jpg

Or you could simply type BeWeather 2 in the search bar and you get both the paid and free version options.

iCletus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all. I understand HOW to obtain it... I have it. But it seems so highly recommended and has good reviews I thought it would be higher up. Lot's of completion I suppose. It has to pay its dues to move up it seems.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I understand HOW to obtain it... I have it. But it seems so highly recommended and has good reviews I thought it would be higher up. Lot's of completion I suppose. It has to pay its dues to move up it seems.
I don't think a lot of people realize how different BeWeather 2 is with it's customizations and great widgets. That's going to take word of mouth over a period of time. And the Apple people at iTunes do play their faves. It's not fair, but they do. Take camera and photography for example. Apple is really big on VSCO Cam. You can tell by the photos they show. Most of the photographers use it. It's a nice Camera app, but there's others that are better. Yet Apple pushes VSCO Cam. Great reviews help. I just updated mine yesterday. The beta had expired and I switched to the App Store version.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lost my beta yesterday, will a new one be out @pfluger ? Back to the App Store version for now :)

Mine expired too. I switched to the App Store version. It's been updated to the latest. You're not losing anything. There may be nothing left for testing. That's a good thing.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have BeWeather version 2.1.48 installed on my iPad and today it started crashing upon opening. I can not get it to open up now and I can not delete and re-download it because this version has expired. H E L P

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine expired too. I switched to the App Store version. It's been updated to the latest. You're not losing anything. There may be nothing left for testing. That's a good thing.

Right, that's what I did too :) has happened before so will wait for the alert if it comes.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My beta says expired but it still works. That supposed to be like that right? It doesn't stop working on you right?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My beta says expired but it still works. That supposed to be like that right? It doesn't stop working on you right?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Mine didn't stop. I just noticed it had expired, so I downloaded the App Store version. It's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods