BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering what happened to the WU webcams?
I haven't seen any so far. When I had Weather Underground, I only saw 1 Webcam view. They may be personal station specific, and they just don't have anything to show at this time. Probably not an app issue.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the paid beta version of BeWeather 2 for a good while. I've had settings set on "alerts" the whole time. The hourly weather notification always comes to the lock screen and in the notification center. But I got this pop up yesterday. As far as I know there was no special alert. This looked like the hourly report.? Do we get special pop up alerts for rain now?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426017661.444628.jpg

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've been using the paid beta version of BeWeather 2 for a good while. I've had settings set on "alerts" the whole time. The hourly weather notification always comes to the lock screen and in the notification center. But I got this pop up yesterday. As far as I know there was no special alert. This looked like the hourly report.? Do we get special pop up alerts for rain now?
View attachment 78498
Havent seen that one.
Good Luck

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this a bug or not, but the minutely precipitation graph isn't showing correctly in my today widget. As you can see in the screen shot, the thin blue animated wavy line of the graph for drizzle is showing next to the word "drizzle" and not showing under it as an actual graph. However in the app itself, it shows properly. Just started happening when I upgraded to iOS 8.2. Is this a bug?

7869b0e19d2413d1e1d784cea6c58cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this a bug or not, but the minutely precipitation graph isn't showing correctly in my today widget. As you can see in the screen shot, the thin blue animated wavy line of the graph for drizzle is showing next to the word "drizzle" and not showing under it as an actual graph. However in the app itself, it shows properly. Just started happening when I upgraded to iOS 8.2. Is this a bug?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/10/7869b0e19d2413d1e1d784cea6c58cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I don't use the widget, but the minutely precipitation has never really worked for me at all. Pretty much the only feature I actually wanted otherwise I'd just use the stock app. I hope there's a fix! :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the widget, but the minutely precipitation has never really worked for me at all. Pretty much the only feature I actually wanted otherwise I'd just use the stock app. I hope there's a fix! :)
The minutely precipitation works great on my app and widget. I'd show a screenshot, but it has stopped raining for now.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just wished the badge would update with temp change but it never had since I've been on the beta or even the original one in the app store for purchase. I've got everything setup right for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gvmelbrty

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a question: Is the Minutley Forecast section in the app supposed to appear for all locations or just the first one? Mine only shows for the first city on the list. When I swipe to the next city, Minutely disappears.

Also... When the app webcam feature first arrived it was showing twelve or more webcams for every city. Now it says "No Webcams" for all cities.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just wished the badge would update with temp change but it never had since I've been on the beta or even the original one in the app store for purchase. I've got everything setup right for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On in the app
On in settings>notifications
Location services on
Background app refresh on
cellular data on
Try a different personal weather station or the airport.
Delete the beta and reinstall
Or delete the beta and download the Store app.
It should work!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a question: Is the Minutley Forecast section in the app supposed to appear for all locations or just the first one? Mine only shows for the first city on the list. When I swipe to the next city, Minutely disappears.

Also... When the app webcam feature first arrived it was showing twelve or more webcams for every city. Now it says "No Webcams" for all cities.
The way I understand it, the minutely shows for the current location. That is the first listed. The other cities show rain, but not the minutely. You only need that if your at that location. Thus, on the current location.

I have no idea about the Webcams. I'm guessing it's not a fault of the BeWeather 2 app though.

gvmelbrty

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thxs. First city only for Minutely Forecast. So I guess if you're traveling, you have to manually move the city to the top if you want the Minutely Forecast. .. Beweather doesn't have a "follow me" option?

"Other cities show rain." .. Where does the app show rain fall data? I don't see it anywhere... That was one of the suggestions I mentioned in a previous post... that Beweather show rain accumulation from personal weather stations (along w/ solar radiation if the station has that sensor).

gvmelbrty

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
If you keep your first location set to "current", it will follow you. For instance my first location changes between work and home.
Mmm... I don't find where "current" can be selected.. "Add Location" brings up a search field to enter a zip, city or airport, nothing else. Where do you select "current"? Thxs for the help.

kruegs

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen any so far. When I had Weather Underground, I only saw 1 Webcam view. They may be personal station specific, and they just don't have anything to show at this time. Probably not an app issue.

Actually this is a bug / issue. They worked for a period of time and the last update broke this. When I try any location, I immediately get a message that says No Webcams. Hopefully this is resolved in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.