BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Pfluger,
I noticed that whenever I open the radar, my current location is always in the top 3rd of the screen as opposed to it being centered
The happens on my iPhone & iPad. (Not centered in Landscape or portrait mode on iPad.
TIA

I noticed that too on mine.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

younesouhbi

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Looks great! There has been this feature on my mind for a while and wonder if you have it on BeWeather: custom notifications like for example, I would like to be notified when some special weather conditions are predicted like wind, rain or snow. This is useful for film makers that require certain weather conditions for filming...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks great! There has been this feature on my mind for a while and wonder if you have it on BeWeather: custom notifications like for example, I would like to be notified when some special weather conditions are predicted like wind, rain or snow. This is useful for film makers that require certain weather conditions for filming...
You should get weather notifications for severe weather, winter advisories, and etc in addition to the hourly weather notification.
Note: Probably not every rain or uneventful wind. But you can view those in the pull down notification center as a widget.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425570442.648681.jpg

I have the rain section on, but it's not raining now. But this is a quick way to check weather conditions at any time, along with the alerts.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Pfluger,
I noticed that whenever I open the radar, my current location is always in the top 3rd of the screen as opposed to it being centered
The happens on my iPhone & iPad. (Not centered in Landscape or portrait mode on iPad.
TIA

You mean the location is not on the pin, or vice versa? I've had that too. Tap the pencil next to the location name and reset.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You mean the location is not on the pin, or vice versa? I've had that too. Tap the pencil next to the location name and reset.
No, then pin is on the proper location but they are not centered on the screen,
They appear in the upper portion of the display & have to pull it down to get them centered on the screen.
Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They appear in the upper portion of the display & have to pull it down to get them centered on the screen.
Good Luck

That's odd. I have never had that but I have had the issue I mentioned where the dot and the pin are not in the same spot.

What happens if you reset like I said?

AppleNick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Good Luck

I believe it was designed to be that way. When you slide the radar section open the current location will be centered until the radar page is fully open.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's like this. The home location is up a bit high. Not centered. Mine is up some, but not a lot. Birmingham should not even show on mine, unless I scroll to there. . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425604186.172792.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I get that too. The pin is not centered.
View attachment 78326
Nor is the current location or local location zoomed up enough. When I open up the map, it should look more like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425646840.775027.jpg

Rather than like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425645070.045068.jpg

I downloaded Weather Underground to see if their map did the same way, but it did not. It opens zoomed up closer and centered.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nor is the current location or local location zoomed up enough. When I open up the map, it should look more like this:
View attachment 78344

Rather than like this:
View attachment 78345

I like it the way it is. I mean, it's zoomed just enough to see what's happening in my general vicinity which is what I care about "first". I can always zoom out to see a larger view. Also, I use BeWeather 2 in conjunction with the NOAA Weather Radar Pro app, although it provides enough information on its own and has proven to be more accurate in regard to displaying rain, sleet, snow and ice than the NOAA app. Anyway, as the Food Lion states, "that's just my 2?"...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the map zoomed up closer when I open it. My eyes are not that good. Most weather app maps do show it zoomed up closer and centered. I need to see my area, not Birmingham, which is 125 miles to my south. It's not that big a deal, but it's not the correct map presentation on opening.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger,
TIA

I get this as well.

I believe it was designed to be that way. When you slide the radar section open the current location will be centered until the radar page is fully open.

It's like this. The home location is up a bit high. Not centered. Mine is up some, but not a lot. Birmingham should not even show on mine, unless I scroll to there. . View attachment 78325

Yep. I get that too. The pin is not centered.
View attachment 78326

The pin is always centered in the middle of the map preview, which will normally be roughly the center of the screen.

When you have map previews turned off, that "center" is moved far up to where the two sliding panels meet.

We will fix this to have the location center in the middle of the screen when map previews are off.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 78347

Rather than like this:
View attachment 78345

I downloaded Weather Underground to see if their map did the same way, but it did not. It opens zoomed up closer and centered.

I like it the way it is. I mean, it's zoomed just enough to see what's happening in my general vicinity which is what I care about "first". I can always zoom out to see a larger view. Also, I use BeWeather 2 in conjunction with the NOAA Weather Radar Pro app, although it provides enough information on its own and has proven to be more accurate in regard to displaying rain, sleet, snow and ice than the NOAA app. Anyway, as the Food Lion states, "that's just my 2?"...;)

I prefer the map zoomed up closer when I open it. My eyes are not that good. Most weather app maps do show it zoomed up closer and centered. I need to see my area, not Birmingham, which is 125 miles to my south. It's not that big a deal, but it's not the correct map presentation on opening.

There is a default zoom level but BeWeather (should) remember the last zoom level you set the map to.

So if you prefer the map zoomed in, go fullscreen, zoom in and go back. It should remain there on next launch. That setting is per location.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The pin is always centered in the middle of the map preview, which will normally be roughly the center of the screen.

When you have map previews turned off, that "center" is moved far up to where the two sliding panels meet.

We will fix this to have the location center in the middle of the screen when map previews are off.

I have map preview turned on but sometimes the map is not centered. It seems to be random.

Here it is from a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpeg
    IMG_0150.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 14

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I also get this map sometimes (it is random) when I open up the map. I have an iPhone 6+.

See the controls and then part of the map below it.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR