BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So, for whatever strange reason I've suddenly stopped getting my hourly weather updates on my lock screen starting yesterday, sometime in the early evening. I can't recall what time it was when I rec'd the last one.....maybe 8ish. So this morning I swiped out Bewether from multitask and reopened it, along with a shut down (not hard reset). I'll see if that jolts it to show up on the lock screen again......

I am still receiving the weather alerts, AFAIK.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you ever lose your phone you'll be glad you had the passcode. I've used it forever (didn't have a 5S, got the 6 launch day after getting the 5 launch day) and while it does take some getting used to at the beginning, that goes away quickly. The comfort of knowing nobody can go through your stuff if you lose your phone is worth it.
I'm retired and am home most of the time. I don't get out much at all. When I do go anywhere, my phone stays in my pocket or in my hand. I've gone 3 years with an unlocked phone. I'm just not that concerned about losing my phone or someone stealing it. I have set the lock for 1 hour. I can deal with that. But as much as I use it, I'm not punching in a 4 digit code every few minutes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So, for whatever strange reason I've suddenly stopped getting my hourly weather updates on my lock screen starting yesterday, sometime in the early evening. I can't recall what time it was when I rec'd the last one.....maybe 8ish. So this morning I swiped out Bewether from multitask and reopened it, along with a shut down (not hard reset). I'll see if that jolts it to show up on the lock screen again......

I am still receiving the weather alerts, AFAIK.

How is your lock set?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Finger print with passcode backup. It's been that way since I got my 5S & downloaded Beweather so I know that's not the issue.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Did you check in the app to see if notifications are turned on there? Deleting the app from the home screen and installing it back might work better than swiping it out of the app switcher.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you check in the app to see if notifications are turned on there? Deleting the app from the home screen and installing it back might work better than swiping it out of the app switcher.

Oh yea, everything is set right, I've changed nothing.

It's back to working again. At the top of the hour just now the lock screen weather showed....weird

I called some kinda shenanigans lol.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So it looks like it is correct that the "lockscreen weather" will only appear while the device is PIN-locked.

We had to use a workaround/hack to make sure these notifications are only shown while the lockscreen is active. This hack does only detect when the device is PIN-locked, not when it is merely asleep with the screen turned off (and the "slide to unlock" showing).

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a fix for this at this time.

Btw, I personally agree that with touch ID there is no point in not having a PIN lock. It is faster to unlock using the touch sensor than using "swipe to unlock" :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like it is correct that the "lockscreen weather" will only appear while the device is PIN-locked.

We had to use a workaround/hack to make sure these notifications are only shown while the lockscreen is active. This hack does only detect when the device is PIN-locked, not when it is merely asleep with the screen turned off (and the "slide to unlock" showing).

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a fix for this at this time.

Btw, I personally agree that with touch ID there is no point in not having a PIN lock. It is faster to unlock using the touch sensor than using "swipe to unlock" :)
The main thing is we all get the severe weather alerts. Those seem to work well. The difference between BeWeather 2 and other weather apps is that BeWeather 2 is fun.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So, the beta in Test Flight expired and now the app won't open. Do I download the last version from the app store or what?

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So, the beta in Test Flight expired and now the app won't open. Do I download the last version from the app store or what?

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
Yes, you will have to download from the app store until a new beta becomes available.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else loose BeWeather 2 on their iPads?
Edit.... Got it

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden mine is just crashing today. Starts up and shuts right off. iPhone 6 with latest iOS. No changes made to phone.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Pfluger:

Will we see another update to BeWeather 2? I?ve been running the TestFlight/beta version (v2.0.70) for a month now. Curious to know when it will be released? As has been reported here, the beta has now expired. Had to reinstall the production version (v2.0.60).

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger:

Will we see another update to BeWeather 2? I’ve been running the TestFlight/beta version (v2.0.70) for a month now. Curious to know when it will be released? As has been reported here, the beta has now expired. Had to reinstall the production version (v2.0.60).

Pfluger: if new beta is not available yet, please resubmit current beta. I'm missing features in current production version. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2