BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
OK, BeWeather friends! I did the test. I suspected that the hourly notification alert was only coming in on my phone while it was asleep and locked. I was only seeing it during the wee hours of morning. But as soon as I open my phone, they stop. So I set my phone to lock after 15 minutes. Then at 6:40 pm central, I turn my phone off and leave it. So at 6:55 pm it locks. So then I check it at 7:15 pm. A BeWeather alert notification is there. So why do I only get the notification while my phone is locked? It was also on the NC screen. There has to be an answer for this.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

This is by design. Those notifications appear only while the device is locked (hence "lock screen" weather ;) ). If you are using the phone at the time the notification would normally appear, it will be skipped until the next hour.

BeWeather does not post these notifications while the device is unlocked. You would receive an alert popup at the top of the screen which most users will find annoying.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This is by design. Those notifications appear only while the device is locked (hence "lock screen" weather ;) ). If you are using the phone at the time the notification would normally appear, it will be skipped until the next hour.

BeWeather does not post these notifications while the device is unlocked. You would receive an alert popup at the top of the screen which most users will find annoying.

Just to confirm, these are for hourly notifications? But if there is a severe weather alert (e.g. Tornado Warning) then Beweather will generate an alert popup at the top of the screen?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

But before iOS 8.1.2, I received an alert notification on my lock screen and NC screen every hour even while using the phone during the day. My phone locks after 1 hour of sleep. So if I set it to 15 minutes or immediately, I would get more alerts. Sure is odd I got them each hour before. Oh well. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just to confirm, these are for hourly notifications? But if there is a severe weather alert (e.g. Tornado Warning) then Beweather will generate an alert popup at the top of the screen?
What's odd is we've had no severe weather since I've had BeWeather installed.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Just received a bunch of alerts
My phone was going Bananas
So yes they come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR