BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are any of you having issues with the weather data on the app/widget? Even when it?s updated the temperature is different for my locations than the weather underground website. It?s been about 30 mins and the temperatures don?t match to what they are on the website.
Is there a big delay for the data to get to the app? Any of you having these issues?

I have several personal weather stations here. Plus the airport. They don't all say the same. One station 2 miles away might say 62?, while another station 4 miles away might say 64?. Then the airport, 20 miles away, might say 65?. Not sure what you saw online, but it may have been a different station than what you had the BeWeather app set on. I try to set it to the closest station to my home. I also have the airport set as another location.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have several personal weather stations here. Plus the airport. They don't all say the same. One station 2 miles away might say 62?, while another station 4 miles away might say 64?. Then the airport, 20 miles away, might say 65?. Not sure what you saw online, but it may have been a different station than what you had the BeWeather app set on. I try to set it to the closest station to my home. I also have the airport set as another location.

This is for the same stations, on the website and the app. On the app they show different temperatures than the website for a while, so there is definitely a delay in the app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is for the same stations, on the website and the app. On the app they show different temperatures than the website for a while, so there is definitely a delay in the app.

I think weather underground updates once every hour. Maybe that's it.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I think weather underground updates once every hour. Maybe that's it.

So what about the app, does it get updated every 1 hr and 30 mins ?
Update rates vary for every weather station. Airport locations usually update once an hour. Personal weather stations up to once every couple of seconds.

BeWeather updates its data whenever you open the app or the widget.

The badge and lock screen notifications update roughly once an hour. This is basically up to iOS, BeWeather just tells the system it would like to update once an hour, in the end iOS decides when exactly this will be.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
We did some changes server side. Please let me know if that fixed any of the "icon badge not updating" or "no weather alert notification" bugs for you.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Loving this weather app !! Every now and then my iPad Air 1st gen seems to have the temp badge disappear. It happened about 3 times yesterday morning, so now with the new update I'll see how that goes, as well as for my phone. The other day there was a weather alert but it never showed up on my lock screen.

Overall I'm very pleased with this app
Here's an icon set I downloaded from Beautifiul Driod blog called Pink Christmas. It was free, and perfect for the season
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417695318.839470.jpg

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

AppleNick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
We did some changes server side. Please let me know if that fixed any of the "icon badge not updating" or "no weather alert notification" bugs for you.

Still very erratic on badge update. I was wondering if there is logic in the update process limiting updates based on temp change. Seems like process does not fetch new data if temp has not changed more than 2 degrees.

kruegs

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to be updating pretty nicely today... the badge icon is definitively changing, however the Last Fetch date and time stamp do not reflect the change. I suppose that is less of an issue, as long as the badge actually changes. ;-)

AppleNick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be updating pretty nicely today... the badge icon is definitively changing, however the Last Fetch date and time stamp do not reflect the change. I suppose that is less of an issue, as long as the badge actually changes. ;-)

The badge will update when you open the app. That will not be reflected in the fetch time.

kruegs

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Understood... the badge is updating on its own (without me opening the app), but the last time it shows a "fetch" was late last night.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha... what does the last fetch data reflect then? I thought it was to denote the last time both the badge and lock screen were updated in the background?
There are two ways to update the icon badge in the background. "Background fetch" and "Push notification".

We were relying on background fetch until now. Unfortunately we had to find out this is not very reliable as the timing of these updates is completely up to iOS. The "fetch" value will show the last background fetch.

We now use push notifications to push icon updates from our servers to your device exactly on every hour.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No badge issues here. Still that widget loading issue though. Hopefully, I'm the only one with that problem. It would be interesting to know the reason for it. Sometimes it works with 4 sections ok. Other times not. But even if I have to settle for 3 sections, that's still nice. I would like to know what's causing it though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Score loading the latest beta, I was getting sporadic "unable to load" messages on the widget. Haven't gotten one since I updated though.
I still get them. Especially when, after loading with 4 sections, I try to tap the arrow to change location. That brings up the "unable to load" message. Sometimes I change the iconset. Then check the widget. It doesn't load, but goes in and out. If I leave it open for a while, it eventually loads. Or if I close the NC screen, when I open it back later the widget may be there. It's all a hit or miss with me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So just a little update, in regards to the Beweather update that was pushed out a couple of days ago. I am happy to report, so far, both my iPad and 5S are updating the badge and it seems to be on an hourly basis this is awesome !!

Again, thanks pfluger for all of your hard work you put into this app.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So just a little update, in regards to the Beweather update that was pushed out a couple of days ago. I am happy to report, so far, both my iPad and 5S are updating the badge and it seems to be on an hourly basis this is awesome !!

Again, thanks pfluger for all of your hard work you put into this app.

Same here, no problems with badge updating on my iPad Air2 or iPhone 5s.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine seemed sporadic before but it seems to be much more up to date now. (I'm on the latest beta)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro