BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a weather station for my house. That would be a way of me determining acuracy.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a weather station and the weather channel is dead on, also depending on your area if you check the weather for the next 5 days the weather channel is more correct than the weather underground, and same goes if you check the actual history weather in the past seems that the weather channel predicted those temperatures.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
As TurboTiger noted, a new beta is out.

Version 2.0.58 brings:

• Showing local time to every location in sidebar
  • Showing active weather alert next to location name in widget (auto-scrolling if necessary)
  • Fixes for weather alert push notifications

Timing of this release is a little off, the official 2.0.55 was approved today, too. It would be great if you could first update to the official 2.0.55 before going to the beta and repost your reviews on the store. On every update Apple hides the reviews from the earlier version until users repost them.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Weather Channel is actually the parent company of Weather Underground. They bought Weather Underground some time ago.

As far as I know Weather Channel doesn't offer access to their full data to 3rd parties. That is why we won't be able to access that data.

I am not sure how far data from both overlap.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
As TurboTiger noted, a new beta is out.

Version 2.0.58 brings:

• Showing local time to every location in sidebar
  • Showing active weather alert next to location name in widget (auto-scrolling if necessary)
  • Fixes for weather alert push notifications

Timing of this release is a little off, the official 2.0.55 was approved today, too. It would be great if you could first update to the official 2.0.55 before going to the beta and repost your reviews on the store. On every update Apple hides the reviews from the earlier version until users repost them.

pfluger,
Since I already updated the beta, do I update the new official over the beta then reload the beta again?
TIA

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,
Since I already updated the beta, do I update the new official over the beta then reload the beta again?
TIA

I just checked, you might not even have to install the official version.

Just go to the App Store, find BeWeather, then select 'Write a Review'. Your old review will show up. Hit 'Send'. I think that should be enough to get the review reposted.

PS: You can at any time switch between beta and official by simply downloading either one and overwriting the existing one.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
This app is amazing!

One thing I would like to see as a option is to have the option to switch to get weather from The Weather Channel way more accurate than Weather Underground.

Accuracy depends on your area. In my area weather underground is more accurate.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the new update and still no update on the date stamp unless I open up the app!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the new update and still no update on the date stamp unless I open up the app!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What date stamp? Are you talking about the temperature badge? It only shows the current temperature. You were thinking about Super Calendar.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Are any of you having issues with the weather data on the app/widget? Even when it’s updated the temperature is different for my locations than the weather underground website. It’s been about 30 mins and the temperatures don’t match to what they are on the website.
Is there a big delay for the data to get to the app? Any of you having these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods