BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
In what respect?

It just doesn't seem very fluid. I guess the speed changes you mentioned earlier might take care of that. I hate to mention another weather app, but MyRadar Pro has the best radar of any app on any platform that I've ever seen. It gives you the option of dictating speed and frames and it's so fluid, so smooth.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
It just doesn't seem very fluid. I guess the speed changes you mentioned earlier might take care of that. I hate to mention another weather app, but MyRadar Pro has the best radar of any app on any platform that I've ever seen. It gives you the option of dictating speed and frames and it's so fluid, so smooth.
I checked that other app and it basically is just using a faster playback speed. Looks like this on 8x with BeWeather:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I would like to see with the radar:

- save zoom level permanently for each location, currently is saves zoom level during current session which is nice but it does not save if app is restarted. For example, I like to see state level map vs current zoomed in level.
Agree. We will have to fix that.

- give more frames, go back 2 hours instead of 30 minutes for radar
As far as I know that is all the data we get from Weather Underground. The satellite would go back further, but not the radar.

- when tapping on layers button to select IR satellite for example, change the background immediately. Sometimes I like to quickly check cloud cover so quickly changing background allows quick view.
It already does this. Not sure if I understand you correctly? When you change anything in the map settings panel, it will apply those changes immediately without having to close the panel.

- add lightening strikes layer and alerts

- add weather alert layer for storm warnings

- add weather map layer/option for wind speeds, temps, etc.
We will look into this. It mostly depends on what data is available to us.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It will ask if you want to install the beta and remove the official release, warns that you might loose data.
I didn't loose data or settings.
So far working OK here.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The new beta seem fine to me.
No issue and no comments as of now.
I'm just waiting for the map in widgets in future updates.
Gonna be watching the tempt badge situation.
Tks
pfluger

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
It already does this. Not sure if I understand you correctly? When you change anything in the map settings panel, it will apply those changes immediately without having to close the panel.

I was thinking the bottom panel could be closed so the entire map is shown....didn't explain it well

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A beta version is pending approval :)

Changes in 2.0.55:
  • Map radar/satellite playback speed is now customizable. Added small tappable indicator next to the playback bar.
  • Fixed two potential crashes
  • Fixed screen asking for review not correctly forwarding to BeWeather on App Store
  • Fixed last station in nearby stations screen not selectable
  • Fixed forecast icon cut off when launching BeWeather on a location that has an alert and "map preview" is off
  • Added an entry to the Apple Settings app (Settings > BeWeather 2) that shows when BeWeather last updated the icon badge/lockscreen weather in background
  • Fixed potential problems with push weather alerts while BeWeather is not running
  • Potential fixes for icon badge not updating/disappearing

Latest beta seems very stable. I like the map speed option!

I just need some more weather alerts in my location to see if this is now working.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking the bottom panel could be closed so the entire map is shown....didn't explain it well

Ah, I think I understand now. You want to toggle through the different map layers by tapping a button at the bottom of the screen instead of having a panel open. Kind of like it toggles through the playback speeds right now?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Newest beta is working good so far. I might have missed it, but in the future can the weather alerts show in the widget? Currently it shows the red stripe, but it has the name of the city and not what type of alert (winter weather advisory).

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Newest beta is working good so far. I might have missed it, but in the future can the weather alerts show in the widget? Currently it shows the red stripe, but it has the name of the city and not what type of alert (winter weather advisory).

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
One of the previous beta versions showed both, location name and weather advisory. We had to change this to save vertical space. Only showing the advisory would be confusing if you have multiple locations in the widget.

As we have received this request a couple of times we will see how to change this. Maybe we create a separate "section" for the weather alerts, just like with all the other data.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I think I understand now. You want to toggle through the different map layers by tapping a button at the bottom of the screen instead of having a panel open. Kind of like it toggles through the playback speeds right now?

Yes, something like this would work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox