Background App Refresh on
iPhone settings notifications:
Show in lockscreen
Allow notifications
App settings:
Severe weather alerts on
Lockscreen weather on
Temp badge on

Should be working! Mine shows a weather summary on the lock screen once per hour.
Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstalling it?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Can you check if you can see the "Notifications" section for BeWeather in the Apple Settings app?

View attachment 71972

I have everything correctly set and the badge doesn't update properly - another words, it updates when it feels like it but only on my 5S. The badge on my iPad never updates unless I go into the app itself.

I haven't tried out the lock screen notifications yet. I'll do that today !

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been monitoring all of my weather apps with badges (5 in total, including BW2, yea I have weather app problem) and out of the 5, only one (Fahrenhiet, my oldest weather app installed), doesn't require accessing the app before the badge will update. Maybe it's something to do with Apple??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@Ledsteplin: looks great! When are you going to start taking orders for specific requests? :heart: (Or should we start a new thread for that?)
I enjoy creating this. I'm not finished. It's very time consuming. Almost done. If I can figure out how to run the PNG icons through Box to iFile, then back to Box I'll be done. Subsequent iconsets won't take me as long.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been monitoring all of my weather apps with badges (5 in total, including BW2, yea I have weather app problem) and out of the 5, only one (Fahrenhiet, my oldest weather app installed), doesn't require accessing the app before the badge will update. Maybe it's something to do with Apple??

I honestly don't know what the issue could be.....I've used the Fahrenheit app with temp badge and it updated as it should hourly and I never had any issues. So why BeWeather won't update has me confuzzled

I do have to add though, since installing BeWeather, I've delete all of my weather apps except for Check the Weather....but that ones not far off from going bye-bye lol

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
so i have question, some how locked myself out of my iphone had reformat my phone, when I go to install latest edition from my email it says Could not install Be Weather 2. wwdr error due to invalid certificate in profile. Is this because went in itunes store now and the beta been testing does not work ? sorry just confused.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so i have question, some how locked myself out of my iphone had reformat my phone, when I go to install latest edition from my email it says Could not install Be Weather 2. wwdr error due to invalid certificate in profile. Is this because went in itunes store now and the beta been testing does not work ? sorry just confused.

What, exactly, did you install from your email? There is no more beta. Did you try downloading BeWeather 2 from the App Store? What did you mean by "reformat my phone"? Did you mean "restore"?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You need to get it from the App Store, the beta is no longer available.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

You need to get it from the App Store, the beta is no longer available.
Technically it should still be possible to download the beta. They remain available for 30 days after publishing.

What you describe sounds more like TestFlight failed to install its provisioning profile. Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall TestFlight.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Technically it should still be possible to download the beta. They remain available for 30 days after publishing.

What you describe sounds more like TestFlight failed to install its provisioning profile. Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall TestFlight.

I couldn't download it after the app was in the App Store but didn't try uninstalling Test Flight.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

I posted something lil while guess never went thru, but anyways only reason I asked I know says iPhone etc there's separate section for iPad apps but, been using it on my iPad the beta thing and it let me re download it, iPhone wouldn't. Doesn't matter love the app didn't noticed till my first post was in App Store. Got it from App Store :)

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A beta version is pending approval :)

Changes in 2.0.55:
  • Map radar/satellite playback speed is now customizable. Added small tappable indicator next to the playback bar.
  • Fixed two potential crashes
  • Fixed screen asking for review not correctly forwarding to BeWeather on App Store
  • Fixed last station in nearby stations screen not selectable
  • Fixed forecast icon cut off when launching BeWeather on a location that has an alert and "map preview" is off
  • Added an entry to the Apple Settings app (Settings > BeWeather 2) that shows when BeWeather last updated the icon badge/lockscreen weather in background
  • Fixed potential problems with push weather alerts while BeWeather is not running
  • Potential fixes for icon badge not updating/disappearing

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I definitely would like to see improvements on the radar.
The radar seems ok to me. The customizable playback speed will be nice. For the most part, the radar comes from weather underground. There are a few optional settings. I have mine looking like this: (could only find rain in Canada)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416840049.332002.jpg

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I definitely would like to see improvements on the radar.

Here is what I would like to see with the radar:

- save zoom level permanently for each location, currently is saves zoom level during current session which is nice but it does not save if app is restarted. For example, I like to see state level map vs current zoomed in level.

- give more frames, go back 2 hours instead of 30 minutes for radar

- when tapping on layers button to select IR satellite for example, change the background immediately. Sometimes I like to quickly check cloud cover so quickly changing background allows quick view.

- add lightening strikes layer and alerts

- add weather alert layer for storm warnings

- add weather map layer/option for wind speeds, temps, etc.

Look at My-cast weather app map to see excellent map features with a good user interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox