BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Here's a few I'm working on. I haven't made the PNG images yet. I just need to know if I have all the icons I need and don't have some I don't need.

View attachment 71907

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Here is a list of all the icons in a set:

chanceflurries.png
chanceflurriesn.png
chancerain.png
chancerainn.png
chancesleet.png
chancesleetn.png
chancesnow.png
chancesnown.png
chancetstorms.png
chancetstormsn.png
clear.png
clearn.png
cloudy.png
cloudyn.png
flurries.png
flurriesn.png
fog.png
fogn.png
hazy.png
hazyn.png
m0.png
m1.png
m10.png
m11.png
m12.png
m13.png
m14.png
m15.png
m16.png
m17.png
m18.png
m19.png
m2.png
m20.png
m21.png
m22.png
m23.png
m24.png
m25.png
m26.png
m27.png
m28.png
m29.png
m3.png
m30.png
m4.png
m5.png
m6.png
m7.png
m8.png
m9.png
mostlycloudy.png
mostlycloudyn.png
mostlysunny.png
mostlysunnyn.png
na.png
partlycloudy.png
partlycloudyn.png
rain.png
rainn.png
sleet.png
sleetn.png
snow.png
snown.png
sunny.png
sunnyn.png
tstorms.png
tstormsn.png

You can very often reuse one image for multiple files (for example partlycloudy and mostlysunny are usually the same image).

As I mentioned m0 to m30 are not being used. You can simply copy them from the sample iconset. This way the set remains compatible with Android and BlackBerry.

Download the sample iconset from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1010420/BeWeather 2 Real.zip as a guide

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is a list of all the icons in a set:

chanceflurries.png
chanceflurriesn.png
chancerain.png
chancerainn.png
chancesleet.png
chancesleetn.png
chancesnow.png
chancesnown.png
chancetstorms.png
chancetstormsn.png
clear.png
clearn.png
cloudy.png
cloudyn.png
flurries.png
flurriesn.png
fog.png
fogn.png
hazy.png
hazyn.png
m0.png
m1.png
m10.png
m11.png
m12.png
m13.png
m14.png
m15.png
m16.png
m17.png
m18.png
m19.png
m2.png
m20.png
m21.png
m22.png
m23.png
m24.png
m25.png
m26.png
m27.png
m28.png
m29.png
m3.png
m30.png
m4.png
m5.png
m6.png
m7.png
m8.png
m9.png
mostlycloudy.png
mostlycloudyn.png
mostlysunny.png
mostlysunnyn.png
na.png
partlycloudy.png
partlycloudyn.png
rain.png
rainn.png
sleet.png
sleetn.png
snow.png
snown.png
sunny.png
sunnyn.png
tstorms.png
tstormsn.png

You can very often reuse one image for multiple files (for example partlycloudy and mostlysunny are usually the same image).

Download the sample iconset from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1010420/BeWeather 2 Real.zip as a guide
Thanks! I'll use all but m0 through m30. Yeah, some are repeats. Do they have to be in that same order?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
What are the correct sizes for the main icon and the weather icon? I have a few main icons I want to overlay with the weather icon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What are the correct sizes for the main icon and the weather icon? I have a few main icons I want to overlay with the weather icon.

Not sure what the "main icon" and "weather icon" are as you are referencing them. Pfluger said (somewhere) that the key was that the images should be square (1:1 length/width ratio). Otherwise, the app takes care of the resizing/scaling. Most of the icon sets that I’ve seen are between 128 px and 256 px. Obviously, scaling icons sets much larger or much smaller could be an issue.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the "main icon" and "weather icon" are as you are referencing them. Pfluger said (somewhere) that the key was that the images should be square (1:1 length/width ratio). Otherwise, the app takes care of the resizing/scaling. Most of the icon sets that I?ve seen are between 128 px and 256 px. Obviously, scaling icons sets much larger of much smaller could be an issue.

Just to add to this, whenever I've built my own weather sets I've always made the png images 256x256

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I am not receiving alert notifications. I have notifications turned on in settings but no alerts are triggered. I do get the red alert band and text in the app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just to add to this, whenever I've built my own weather sets I've always made the png images 256x256

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Pfluger said the resolution size didn't matter, as long as it was a 1:1 aspect ratio. The icons I'm making have a larger resolution size. Maybe I should make them a bit smaller. They're 640x640.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
And @Spencerdl I get a weather report on my lock screen every hour. It also shows on the Notification Center. (not the widget). But since having this app, we've not had any stormy weather or any weather that would issue an alert. I think I did get a BeWeather alert for fog. I think it does work. Here's how I have it all set.
In phone settings:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416589632.115432.jpg

In app settings:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416589659.836760.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
And @Spencerdl I get a weather report on my lock screen every hour. It also shows on the Notification Center. (not the widget). But since having this app, we've not had any stormy weather or any weather that would issue an alert. I think I did get a BeWeather alert for fog. I think it does work. Here's how I have it all set.
In phone settings:
View attachment 71958

In app settings:
View attachment 71959

Yes, I have my BeWeather app set the same way. I will pay closer attention for a weather alert notification when I think there should be one.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have my BeWeather app set the same way. I will pay closer attention for a weather alert notification when I think there should be one.

I have my settings the same way. There is freezing rain adversary here, that shows as a red band but didn't or doesn't come in as alert.

On my other weather app it did and that's when I noticed that this one didn't alert.

It's just the beginning of "alert" season for us, so I will get plenty of opportunities. :D

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Not sure what the "main icon" and "weather icon" are as you are referencing them. Pfluger said (somewhere) that the key was that the images should be square (1:1 length/width ratio). Otherwise, the app takes care of the resizing/scaling. Most of the icon sets that I’ve seen are between 128 px and 256 px. Obviously, scaling icons sets much larger or much smaller could be an issue.

Pfluger said the resolution size didn't matter, as long as it was a 1:1 aspect ratio. The icons I'm making have a larger resolution size. Maybe I should make them a bit smaller. They're 640x640.

BeWeather internally resizes the icons to 160x160, but using 256x256 gives us some room for the future. 256x256 is therefore the recommended resolution.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So I turned on the lock screen weather, have the notifications enabled in settings, but have not gotten one notice all day...

Am I doing something wrong?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I turned on the lock screen weather, have the notifications enabled in settings, but have not gotten one notice all day...

Location Services on
Background App Refresh on
iPhone settings notifications:
Show in lockscreen
Allow notifications
App settings:
Severe weather alerts on
Lockscreen weather on
Temp badge on

Should be working! Mine shows a weather summary on the lock screen once per hour.
Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstalling it?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Location Services on
Background App Refresh on
iPhone settings notifications:
Show in lockscreen
Allow notifications
App settings:
Severe weather alerts on
Lockscreen weather on
Temp badge on

Should be working! Mine shows a weather summary on the lock screen once per hour.
Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstalling it?

Can you check if you can see the "Notifications" section for BeWeather in the Apple Settings app?

IMG_0804.PNG

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I did not have background app refresh turned on, so maybe that is why I was not getting alert notifications. I turned it on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I know that Ledsteplin is working on an Apple BeWeather set, but has anyone found a working Apple icon weather set anywhere that they would like to share?...SMILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR