Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 80818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2190
Like Tree835Likes
  1. #2051  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Mysteriously fixed again!! Seems ok now!
  2. #2052  
    iCletus's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    67 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

    I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

    But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??
    pr1nce and truenorthstrong like this.
  3. #2053  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

    I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

    But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??
    It's one I have fun with. I have other weather apps. Too many actually.
  4. #2054  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

    I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

    But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??
    It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.
  5. #2055  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,064 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.
    I'm with you on this. I've already deleted it once before & decided to give it another try. It was "ok" for a bit but now it's acting up again, like we've all seen. It does get frustrating and played out after it just keeps f0rking up over and over again.
    pr1nce likes this.
  6. #2056  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,019 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,719 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Due to the fact that it has rarely been updating the location in the background on my phone or watch, I have deleted it and reinstalled Dark Sky. Hopefully they fix some the updating issue at least, then I'll probably download it again.
    pr1nce likes this.
  7. #2057  
    truenorthstrong's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    267 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    Still it is very frustrating. I Removed it. I think I will wait until I see a new version. To be honest and up front, I am a little tired of hearing about excuses based on "where the weather information is coming from". If it is failing (and it often is) then there needs to be a change on where the weather comes from. I am NOT talking about the temp badge. I don't use it so don't care.

    I simply do not see such issues coming from the default weather app or even from the Weather channel app. I'll sacrifice customization ( I really like BeWeather) for information. I'll try an update if it comes out.

    But it just seems it's NOT actively worked on anymore. Anyone getting beta's to test??
    I totally agree with you. I like BeWeather's widget and all the info but what is the point when the info is incorrect or not working. If he is having trouble with the weather underground why not use another source?
  8. #2058  
    iCletus's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    67 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    In the end it does not seem to be updated much anymore. I was thinking that there may be a new version when iOS10 came out. But nothing mentioned here. That worries me.
  9. #2059  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    In the end it does not seem to be updated much anymore. I was thinking that there may be a new version when iOS10 came out. But nothing mentioned here. That worries me.
    It was last updated August 30, 2016. Mine is working ok now. I still have to refresh it a couple times a day. But it's working. It may need to update to iOS 10.
  10. #2060  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Mine is working fine now with my local weather station. Some of my other locations are not updating properly.
  11. #2061  
    gizbug's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    120 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    There has been issues that have been addressed by users, and not fixed, for over a year. I wouldn't hold your breath
  12. #2062  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    There has been issues that have been addressed by users, and not fixed, for over a year. I wouldn't hold your breath
    It's working ok for now. Temp badge lags a little. Most temp badges do.
  13. #2063  
    iCletus's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    67 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Back and forth and up and down working correctly. I agree with gizbug it is time to move on as it appears there is no one working on this anymore. a shame too.
  14. #2064  
    DarkKnight08's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    I have used BeWeather since my BB days. When it came to iOS I started using it in its beta phase. It's still my favorite, but I agree that there are still issues. I was frustrated enough that I have deleted it twice now and then eventually reinstalled it. Currently I am running it alongside CARROT⁵ and the NOAA app. I'm not using the temp on the badge any longer since I have my Apple Watch and I have found that using it in the Notification Center (side by side with CARROT⁵) it has consistently been accurate. Hopefully one day I'll be able to go back to using just BeWeather.
  15. #2065  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about with BeWeather2. The only thing I have problems with is the temperature badge and the lock screen notifications (sometimes), everything else works fine. However I do use other weather apps and some have temperature badges and lock screen notifications (eWeather and CARROT⁵).
  16. #2066  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    It's working again now. I came real close to deleting the app this afternoon. When the app stops working again, I'll delete it and go with the stock weather app. I do enjoy the customization options with BW2, but I'm tired of dealing with the app not working properly.
    I eventually just moved on permanently. Earlier in the thread I added it back when "it's working now" but that changed again.
  17. #2067  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    BeWeather 2 and Dark Sky are the only 3rd-party weather apps I have installed and between the two, I don't have my problems discerning the weather in my area and pit one against the other for accuracy. With regard to precipitation, they are both usually spot-on. I don't use the temperature badge because it only takes a second for me to swipe right on the lock screen to see the preferred app's weather widget's info. BeWeather's radar map feature is excellent and I depend on it the most. Thus far, the app as a whole has been great. Have I experienced hiccups occasionally? Of course, I have. I've also deleted the app a few times, but now, I just leave it installed because I know that the developer will fix what's broken as quickly as possible and the pros of having the app installed, especially in conjunction with Dark Sky, outweighs the cons, in my opinion, but that's Just Me, D...
    pr1nce likes this.
  18. #2068  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    BeWeather2 is very accurate in my area as well. I've never tried DarkSky, maybe I will give it a go since I do like a weather apps and have a strong addiction concerning them..LOL . I will admit that BeWeather2 has had some hiccups along the way, but has been working fine on my iPhone lately.
    pr1nce likes this.
  19. #2069  
    tharley46's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Does Carrot weather have a temp badge icon?
  20. #2070  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    BeWeather2 is very accurate in my area as well. I've never tried DarkSky, maybe I will give it a go since I do like a weather apps and have a strong addiction concerning them..LOL . I will admit that BeWeather2 has had some hiccups along the way, but has been working fine on my iPhone lately.
    In my opinion, Dark Sky is excellent at predicting precipitation. It's global weather pattern map is also well-done. Still, I could never use it as a stand-alone weather app because it lacks a traditional radar map and the typical weather summary, of which is probably the most important aspect of a weather app to me. BeWeather 2 provides what Dark Sky lacks. Know what I mean?
    Spencerdl and pr1nce like this.
  21. #2071  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by tharley46 View Post
    Does Carrot weather have a temp badge icon?
    Nope, but eWeather does and it's accurate for my area of travels.
  22. #2072  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    In my opinion, Dark Sky is excellent at predicting precipitation. It's global weather pattern map is also well-done. Still, I could never use it as a stand-alone weather app because it lacks a traditional radar map and the typical weather summary, of which is probably the most important aspect of a weather app to me. BeWeather 2 provides what Dark Sky lacks. Know what I mean?
    Yes I do D, I'm not sure that any one weather app has "everything" that I require..LOL
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  23. #2073  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    In my opinion, Dark Sky is excellent at predicting precipitation. It's global weather pattern map is also well-done. Still, I could never use it as a stand-alone weather app because it lacks a traditional radar map and the typical weather summary, of which is probably the most important aspect of a weather app to me. BeWeather 2 provides what Dark Sky lacks. Know what I mean?
    If you swipe, there is a radar screen. Swipe the other way you get a day summary, and again you get a week summary.
  24. #2074  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Sometimes...LOL ...
  25. #2075  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Mine come at odd intervals. Might be :05 or :24. Never know.
Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 80818283848586 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 6 price in the US
    By Abk92 in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 01:38 PM
  2. King Of Ring | Adventure Game | Promo Codes Available For FREE
    By baagansmith in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 04:06 AM
  3. iPhone 6/6 Plus
    By TripleOne in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 08:59 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM

Posting Permissions