Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 63646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2194
Like Tree835Likes
  1. #1626  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    I had no hourly notification when I woke this morning. No alerts either. We have a little snow. It seems the push is stalling again. It works for a while If I open the app and refresh it. I think this app needs an update about every 2 weeks for it to keep working properly. Like Facebook does. IMO that is!
    @pfluger
  2. #1627  
    ladyc0524's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,896 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I had no hourly notification when I woke this morning. No alerts either. We have a little snow. It seems the push is stalling again. It works for a while If I open the app and refresh it. I think this app needs an update about every 2 weeks for it to keep working properly. Like Facebook does. IMO that is!
    @pfluger
    Same here
  3. #1628  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I had no hourly notification when I woke this morning. No alerts either. We have a little snow. It seems the push is stalling again. It works for a while If I open the app and refresh it. I think this app needs an update about every 2 weeks for it to keep working properly. Like Facebook does. IMO that is!
    @pfluger
    Same issue here !! Ugh whyyyyyyyy does it do this
  4. #1629  
    iCletus's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    67 Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    And you all almost had me convinced to try it again..... Sticking with Weather Channel for radar and alerts and Apple's weather for routine checking. Winter will be over before you know it and alerts won't matter. I know.... sorry ... little snarky but perhaps frustrated is more like it.
  5. #1630  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    And you all almost had me convinced to try it again..... Sticking with Weather Channel for radar and alerts and Apple's weather for routine checking. Winter will be over before you know it and alerts won't matter. I know.... sorry ... little snarky but perhaps frustrated is more like it.
    It will during spring with severe storms and tornadoes.
  6. #1631  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    And don't forget this is a beta thread. The app is still being worked on. It's mostly great. Just the push issue. I opened the app early this morning, and it's been fine since.
    Chucky1 likes this.
  7. #1632  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    For some reason I can't get BeWeather to work on my  watch
  8. #1633  
    diggity's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Not sure if the dev takes requests, but going to ask anyway since tornado season is coming up soon. Would be very nice to have an actual severe sounding alert tone for the severe weather alerts instead of the default notification sound. Something like an actual storm siren sound that lasts for more than a couple of seconds. This would be for only severe warnings... The default notification sound works great for the other types of alerts. Would this be possible? For me, this is really all that's missing from an otherwise awesome app.
  9. #1634  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    I'm still not receiving lock screen notifications.
  10. #1635  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,095 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    For the past few days, the temp badge hasn't been updating until I bring the app back up.
    The app stays open on my iPhone and iPad all day.
    v 2.2.25
    iPhone 6S, iPad Air
    Good Luck
  11. #1636  

    Default BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    Not sure if the dev takes requests, but going to ask anyway since tornado season is coming up soon. Would be very nice to have an actual severe sounding alert tone for the severe weather alerts instead of the default notification sound. Something like an actual storm siren sound that lasts for more than a couple of seconds. This would be for only severe warnings... The default notification sound works great for the other types of alerts. Would this be possible? For me, this is really all that's missing from an otherwise awesome app.
    Try Tornado by the Red Cross. The best, loudest alarm for tornadic and severe weather. It's a different kind of weather app. More a supplement to BeWeather 2.
    Tornado by American Red Cross
    https://appsto.re/us/EFn7J.i
  12. #1637  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Seems like the problem is the PWS not updating timely. I get push that shows in Settings. But the PWS lags. Doesn't matter which one. Open the app and it updates. I get the hourly notification and alerts ok.
    TurboTiger likes this.
  13. #1638  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I'm still not receiving lock screen notifications.
    You on beta or App Store version?
  14. #1639  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    You on beta or App Store version?
    I've tried both, but I'm currently using the Apple app store paid version. I'm no longer able to get the beta version.
  15. #1640  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I've tried both, but I'm currently using the Apple app store paid version. I'm no longer able to get the beta version.
    I wasn't able to get the beta version either
  16. #1641  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    There's no difference in the beta and the market version. The beta is shut down. It's not supported at this time.
  17. #1642  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    There's no difference in the beta and the market version. The beta is shut down. It's not supported at this time.
    Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.
  18. #1643  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.
    You should get the hourly and alerts on the App Store version now.
  19. #1644  
    stepchild's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    For some reason I can't get BeWeather to work on my  watch
    I'm having the same problem. It just will not update or update the location.
  20. #1645  
    carrickfergus's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by stepchild View Post
    I'm having the same problem. It just will not update or update the location.
    Mine eventually updates the location, but it's very sporadic.
  21. #1646  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Oh okay. When I first downloaded the beta I was able to get hourly notifications, but now I'm not....come to think of it, I was also able to get hourly notifications when the app was first introduced.
    I'm on the official App Store latest version and my BW stopped updating properly on Tuesday or Wednesday. No lock screen notifications no weather alerts and the badge isn't updating either. I haven't changed anything on my 6S+. As far as I can see my iPad mini is updating properly tho with lock screen weather alerts. I have hourly l/s off on the mini.
  22. #1647  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    I'm on the official App Store latest version and my BW stopped updating properly on Tuesday or Wednesday. No lock screen notifications no weather alerts and the badge isn't updating either. I haven't changed anything on my 6S+. As far as I can see my iPad mini is updating properly tho with lock screen weather alerts. I have hourly l/s off on the mini.
    Mine has been lagging a bit here and there as well. I look in Settings and push has occurred. Yet the temp badge gets behind, the hourly sometimes lags and I'm not sure about alerts yet. If I open the app and refresh it all, it does fine for a while. Then at some point it starts to lag again. But it's not just BeWeather 2. I see lag/push issues with eWeather HD as well. And I don't get any notifications from Weather Underground at all. I've done everything I can think of.
  23. #1648  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Mine has been lagging a bit here and there as well. I look in Settings and push has occurred. Yet the temp badge gets behind, the hourly sometimes lags and I'm not sure about alerts yet. If I open the app and refresh it all, it does fine for a while. Then at some point it starts to lag again. But it's not just BeWeather 2. I see lag/push issues with eWeather HD as well. And I don't get any notifications from Weather Underground at all. I've done everything I can think of.
    Same here Led, refreshing everything fixes it temporarily but the stalls out again. My other weather app, Clear Day, has been fine as far as giving me timely weather alerts. Clear Day alerts actually come in before BW's even do, if BW even pop up at all.
  24. #1649  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Same here Led, refreshing everything fixes it temporarily but the stalls out again. My other weather app, Clear Day, has been fine as far as giving me timely weather alerts. Clear Day alerts actually come in before BW's even do, if BW even pop up at all.
    I don't see the hourly much because my phone is always open. But my old iPhone 5 lights up with it every hour.
  25. #1650  

    Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I don't see the hourly much because my phone is always open. But my old iPhone 5 lights up with it every hour.
    I haven't seen any notification in a long time. I've all but given up...oh well, maybe in a future update....hopefully
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 63646566676869 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 6 price in the US
    By Abk92 in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 01:38 PM
  2. King Of Ring | Adventure Game | Promo Codes Available For FREE
    By baagansmith in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 04:06 AM
  3. iPhone 6/6 Plus
    By TripleOne in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 08:59 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 06:48 AM

Posting Permissions