I am on the regular public version,
    01-23-2016 07:28 AM
    I am on the regular public version,
    OK. Maybe when he's done with this build and updates it in the App Store you'll see improvement. I haven't gotten alerts from Weather Underground at all.
    01-23-2016 07:35 AM
    OK. Maybe when he's done with this build and updates it in the App Store you'll see improvement. I haven't gotten alerts from Weather Underground at all.
    I'm on the App Store version and the only time it updates at all is if I open the app.
    01-23-2016 08:53 AM
    I'm on the App Store version and the only time it updates at all is if I open the app.
    OK. He's still working on it, thus the beta. It's gotten better on beta. But it comes and goes. It's working for now. It does seem I have to occasionally open the app to jump start it. It's not as stable as it should be.
    01-23-2016 09:26 AM
    I have Beweather, Dark Sky, and Storm all on to test alerts. Storm is the quickest to alert and I have yet to get an alert with Beweather (beta, background on, etc.). Storm and Dark Sky both give precipitation alerts (customizable) in addition to severe weather alerts.

I will keep testing with beweather thru this beta testing phase but not encouraging so far.
    01-23-2016 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curver2 View Post
    you need to foreground the BeWeather2 app to get alerts. It sucks.
    What do you mean by "foreground the app"?
    Open the app and turn off the screen while in the app. Then you will get the notifications. If you are in the homescreen or any other app when you turn off the screen, then the app is backgrounded.
    01-23-2016 01:39 PM
    Just traveled from New Hampshire, where we are missing the storm, to Rhode Island, where it's snowing moderately. I was here less than 5 minutes before I got a Winter Weather alert. Seems to be working fine for me. The "hourly" notifications are kind of iffy though.
    01-23-2016 02:21 PM
    Storm giving alerts. Odd because that is Weather Underground right? Ledsteplin isn't receiving them. I wonder if the problem is with them?? But that would bring up the problem of BW's source. We in central PA are not getting anything weather-wise. the alert hasn't changed.
    01-23-2016 04:05 PM
    Are you referring to the widget in the notification center on the today screen? If so, you may have to many sections. Go in the App to the sections and pick only 4. Try that.

Or do you refer to the red badge?
    Yes I am referring to the widget in the notification center. I have only picked 3 selections.
    01-23-2016 04:38 PM
    Yes I am referring to the widget in the notification center. I have only picked 3 selections.
    Have you tried removing it and then adding it back? I haven't heard of anyone having problems with only 3 sections. If you use the location section, remove it and add a different one.
    01-23-2016 06:48 PM
    I purchased this app today and really love the design but functionality is certainly lacking at this point. The "reported at" time is terribly slow to update. Is that how it is supposed to be or should it update every time I open the app?
    01-23-2016 08:13 PM
    I purchased this app today and really love the design but functionality is certainly lacking at this point. The "reported at" time is terribly slow to update. Is that how it is supposed to be or should it update every time I open the app?
    Ha ha, I don't know about "reported at". It updates when I open the app mostly. Sometimes it's already updated. When I pull down the today screen for the widget, it's always updated to the current time. I'm on the beta app. The developer is currently working to fix some of the loading and push issues.
    01-23-2016 09:03 PM
    An hourly notification just came through for the first time! Nice!
    01-23-2016 09:33 PM
    "Reported at" is the last time the weather station reported new weather data. Depending on the weather station this could be as slow as once an hour (usually airport locations) or every couple of minutes (private weather stations).

This is not the time when BeWeather last updated. The time BeWeather last downloaded data from the weather servers is available when you open the places sidebar and pull down.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-23-2016 11:23 PM
    We are currently preparing a beta version that should make it easier to debug individual push problems.
    Ledsteplin and Spencerdl like this.
    01-23-2016 11:27 PM
    Hi Guys, App Store version here (2.2.24) and I have the following problem.
    I live in Zoetermeer, but when using current GPS location it shows me Rotterdam weather (20 km's away and near the coast in Netherlands, making the weather totally different).
    There are lots of PWS's in Zoetermeer, so I just choose one of them.
    Also - Rain in the coming hours always shows no data in Europe. Could this be removed? But alas I do believe that Weather Underground now has that feature for Europe added on their website.

Thanks for looking into this!
    01-24-2016 02:41 AM
    Hi Guys, App Store version here (2.2.24) and I have the following problem.
    I live in Zoetermeer, but when using current GPS location it shows me Rotterdam weather (20 km's away and near the coast in Netherlands, making the weather totally different).
    There are lots of PWS's in Zoetermeer, so I just choose one of them.
    Also - Rain in the coming hours always shows no data in Europe. Could this be removed? But alas I do believe that Weather Underground now has that feature for Europe added on their website.

Thanks for looking into this!
    Did you enter Zoetermeer in the location bar as your first location in your locations list? That's the one that uses GPS. It will show the weather info wherever you are currently. If you are in Zoetermeer, but it shows Rotterdam, then it's picking up your GPS signal from Rotterdam. Try deleting your location, then add Zoetermeer back in. Also, add Zoetermeer in a second time. This one would be stationary. Choose a Weather Station close by. Your wifi isp (provider) can cause your GPS to show in Rotterdam. That may not be the case, but it's happened to me before with Comcast. They had my GPS 181 km to my east. A new modem fixed that.
    01-24-2016 06:33 AM
    "Reported at" is the last time the weather station reported new weather data. Depending on the weather station this could be as slow as once an hour (usually airport locations) or every couple of minutes (private weather stations).

This is not the time when BeWeather last updated. The time BeWeather last downloaded data from the weather servers is available when you open the places sidebar and pull down.
    This makes a little more sense, as I would prefer the private stations! Are airports selected as the default?
    01-24-2016 09:15 AM
    Did you enter Zoetermeer in the location bar as your first location in your locations list? That's the one that uses GPS. It will show the weather info wherever you are currently. If you are in Zoetermeer, but it shows Rotterdam, then it's picking up your GPS signal from Rotterdam. Try deleting your location, then add Zoetermeer back in. Also, add Zoetermeer in a second time. This one would be stationary. Choose a Weather Station close by. Your wifi isp (provider) can cause your GPS to show in Rotterdam. That may not be the case, but it's happened to me before with Comcast. They had my GPS 181 km to my east. A new modem fixed that.
    Thanks for the help, sadly that's not my case. I just want it to use my GPS location, as I travel a lot. And somehow Beweather always defaults to airport stations. Whether I'm in The Hague or home in Zoetermeer, it shows me the Rotterdam weather (even without wifi). Whenever I'm in Switzerland and land in Zurich, it shows Zurich and does not switch weather stations even when I am 100km's away...
    01-24-2016 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the help, sadly that's not my case. I just want it to use my GPS location, as I travel a lot. And somehow Beweather always defaults to airport stations. Whether I'm in The Hague or home in Zoetermeer, it shows me the Rotterdam weather (even without wifi). Whenever I'm in Switzerland and land in Zurich, it shows Zurich and does not switch weather stations even when I am 100km's away...
    You can't change it from the airport to a personal weather station? When I visit my sister 200 miles away, I can add her local PWS to the GPS location. Have you tapped on the name at the top to change it?
    01-24-2016 02:47 PM
    BeWeather 2 has an update in the App Store! Guess I'll check it out!
    TurboTiger and jayrod88 like this.
    01-24-2016 05:38 PM
    You can't change it from the airport to a personal weather station? When I visit my sister 200 miles away, I can add her local PWS to the GPS location. Have you tapped on the name at the top to change it?
    I am in a similar situation with my use for it. I prefer it to use my GPS by default, and not the airport station. That was not as accurate due to the time. Since I changed it to the local station everything has been fine. I've been snowed in for 3 days now so as I travel back to work i'll test this out to see whats going on. Notifications have been showing up on my lock screen but not pushing through to my Apple Watch or lighting up the screen with sound when the watch was off and charging.
    01-24-2016 09:25 PM
    I am in a similar situation with my use for it. I prefer it to use my GPS by default, and not the airport station. That was not as accurate due to the time. Since I changed it to the local station everything has been fine. I've been snowed in for 3 days now so as I travel back to work i'll test this out to see whats going on. Notifications have been showing up on my lock screen but not pushing through to my Apple Watch or lighting up the screen with sound when the watch was off and charging.
    Have you updated? It's working ok so far. But I don't have the watch set up.
    01-24-2016 11:06 PM
    So far so good with the update. I'm getting the hourly notifications on both my 6s Plus and my old iPhone 5. No reason for special weather alerts yet. The temp badge seems accurate and timely. Fingers crossed!
    01-24-2016 11:09 PM
    Anyone still having issues not seeing the hourly notifications? Seems fine on my 6s Plus as well as my iP 5. No reason for a special alert yet. The temp badge is correct. Looks better so far for me.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-25-2016 04:13 PM
2,210 ... 6162636465 ...