Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2194
Like Tree835Likes

Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

@pfluger Here's what's going on with the beta. I haven't tested the market version.
    I notice the temp says 46, but another app says 61.

So I check in Settings for push. It looks timely.

So I open the BeWeather 2 app, and it first shows 37 reported at 7:53 am.

Then it changes to 61 reported at 12:53 pm.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carrickfergus View Post
    I've tried several stations around my city and it doesn't seem to improve the performance. Also, if the benefit of WU is localization, why would I have to choose a location miles from me to get updates that may or may not reflect my weather conditions? Any weather app could work in that situation.

Ledsteplin: Does the Storm app have the same issues as WU?
    Yes, good thought on the localization benefits.

I've tried several stations around my city and it doesn't seem to improve the performance. Also, if the benefit of WU is localization, why would I have to choose a location miles from me to get updates that may or may not reflect my weather conditions? Any weather app could work in that situation.

Ledsteplin: Does the Storm app have the same issues as WU?
    I have 2 PWS fairly close to me I use. One is 1 mile away and the other 2 miles away. You don't have any close by? It happens. But the airport, where most weather apps get their info, is almost 20 miles away.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I have 2 PWS fairly close to me I use. One is 1 mile away and the other 2 miles away. You don't have any close by? It happens. But the airport, where most weather apps get their info, is almost 20 miles away.
    I only have one that's close by. I'm also noticing today that the app is not following my location. At least not changing the name of the location. The behavior of the app is really frustrating lately. Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable replacement! In addition, still no notifications (just got a winter weather advisory). And yes, all my GPS and notifications settings are correct.
    Trooper27 likes this.

I only have one that's close by. I'm also noticing today that the app is not following my location. At least not changing the name of the location. The behavior of the app is really frustrating lately. Unfortunately, I can't find a suitable replacement! In addition, still no notifications (just got a winter weather advisory). And yes, all my GPS and notifications settings are correct.
    Just remember, the first one in your locations list is the GPS one that should follow you. Mine is set to a local PWS. But if I go out of town, it should change to whatever my current location is. My 2nd location on the list is also local. It will remain there, regardless of where I am.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

Sorry to say this, but I just deleted Beweather from my phone. I'm tired of the inaccurate conditions and lack of notifications. Installed eWeather HD and have received 2 severe weather alerts already. And the temperature and conditions are spot on. I just wish that the UI was as good as BW's. I sure hope that pfluger can get this straightened out soon.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Sorry to say this, but I just deleted Beweather from my phone. I'm tired of the inaccurate conditions and lack of notifications. Installed eWeather HD and have received 2 severe weather alerts already. And the temperature and conditions are spot on. I just wish that the UI was as good as BW's. I sure hope that pfluger can get this straightened out soon.
    Unfortunately I have to say I won't be too far behind you in doing the same I was going to dwld TWC and try it out as well as eWeather.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Unfortunately I have to say I won't be too far behind you in doing the same I was going to dwld TWC and try it out as well as eWeather.
    I've found eWeather to be the most reliable of the weather apps as they exist right now. TWC is very good but requires a lot of scrolling to get the whole weather picture IMO. Poor user interface. Good luck in your search!
    iMore Intermediate

I just moved to Storm (developed by weather underground). It was released in 2015 and is not the regular weather underground app. Once I figured out the UI and gestures, I really like it. Alerts work well and it has lightning alerts which I always wanted in Beweather. There are a couple of enhancements I would like to see in Storm and sent an request to the developers who seem to be doing pretty frequent updates.

I've found eWeather to be the most reliable of the weather apps as they exist right now. TWC is very good but requires a lot of scrolling to get the whole weather picture IMO. Poor user interface. Good luck in your search!
    I have eWeather HD too. I have 10 weather apps. LOL Several are specialized though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Ok so I dwld both. I wound up deleting TWC. Like you said, it takes a lot just to get the whole picture. I've set up eWeather from soup to nuts with temp badge as well. So far, so good🏽 thank you !!
    carrickfergus likes this.

Default BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Are you guys referring to not receiving the notification on the lock screen like this?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

No. I'm talking severe weather alerts. You're showing lock screen weather. I never use that. Not needed with an Apple Watch.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Sorry if this been asked here before but can you somehow change the weather info source in the app ? It's been really wrong the last couple weeks.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w00cash1020 View Post
    Sorry if this been asked here before but can you somehow change the weather info source in the app ? It's been really wrong the last couple weeks.
    You can not change the weather information source; that is Weather Underground. You can change the reporting station however, if you think it might help.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I have eWeather HD too. I have 10 weather apps. LOL Several are specialized though.
    Mind sharing which weather apps you use?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

One thing I would like to see is the ability to add custom maps. Not sure if IOS allows that as easily as Android or BB.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Are you guys referring to not receiving the notification on the lock screen like this? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b19fbaac37.jpg
    The alerts are different from the hourly notifications. Hourly notifications give you the current weather stats. Alerts are anytime for severe weather, fog, tornadoes, ice storms, floods, etc. I had mine where I got a pop up on the screen. They also showed on the lock screen. But I haven't seen one in a while. Nothing much has happened since the last update though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Are you guys referring to not receiving the notification on the lock screen like this? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b19fbaac37.jpg
    As far as I go, yes. The lock screen notifications ALWAYS stall out on me and since the last few updates I no longer receive sever weather alerts at all anymore. I have everything tuned the way it should be....the app just does not behave well anymore as far as all that goes. It's very disappointing. I had a weather alert come in about 5am, eWeather gave me the lock screen notification for it. Beweather-nothing.

I don't know what happened with BW behaving as it should, but I really hope it gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    As far as I go, yes. The lock screen notifications ALWAYS stall out on me and since the last few updates I no longer receive sever weather alerts at all anymore. I have everything tuned the way it should be....the app just does not behave well anymore as far as all that goes. It's very disappointing. I had a weather alert come in about 5am, eWeather gave me the lock screen notification for it. Beweather-nothing.

I don't know what happened with BW behaving as it should, but I really hope it gets sorted out.
    The lock screen notifications are all I've ever received. I never receive weather alerts.

The lock screen notifications are all I've ever received. I never receive weather alerts.
    It's enabled here. You can set it to get more or less. (Importance)
    He said there was a server issue with it.??
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

You can not change the weather information source; that is Weather Underground. You can change the reporting station however, if you think it might help.
    Nope they all somehow show weather wrong by 10 degrees C lol.

Quote Originally Posted by w00cash1020 View Post
    Nope they all somehow show weather wrong by 10 degrees C lol.
    Odd they would all be off that much. You sure it's not an update lag issue. Could those be temps from hours earlier?
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1474  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

The official 2.2.24 will be available in the next couple of hours.

- Increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus
    - Some minor bug fixes

If you are on the beta version, please switch to this official release.

We plan to have some changes to the push system on our server side ready during the next week. We hope that will improve the reliability of the weather alert and lock screen notifications.
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    The official 2.2.24 will be available in the next couple of hours.

- Increased the number of hours visible in the hourly forecast on the today widget for iPhone 6(s) and iPhone 6(s) Plus
    - Some minor bug fixes

If you are on the beta version, please switch to this official release.

We plan to have some changes to the push system on our server side ready during the next week. We hope that will improve the reliability of the weather alert and lock screen notifications.
    Just downloaded the official version. It would be great to get the weather alerts straightened out.
Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast