Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 47484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2194
Like Tree835Likes

Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    LOL.
    LOL
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

I would have to agree with Spencerdl, I prefer the red bar as well. It stands out more.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

I don't think it's 9.1. My old 5 is on 9.1, and it works great. Not sure what it is. Odd.
    Yeah Led....I honestly don't know either. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing weather stations and it still behaves spotty. I haven't changed anything (except update to ios9) and all my settings are as the should be because as iv stated before, it'll update for X amounts of hourly without a hitch, then it just "gets stupid" as I like to say lol and stall out till I reopen the app to "jump start" it again.

I'm clueless
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    OK. I'm going to say this just one more time....the "RED BAR" looked the BEST...IMHO.
    I have to agree with you here Spencer. Having that bar go across is more eye catching than that tiny triangle. I can barely see the damn thing lol
    ejraney and Spencerdl like this.

@pflunger, feel free to chime in here at anytime. I do believe the RED BAR notification was/is better.
    ejraney and TurboTiger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Yeah Led....I honestly don't know either. I've tried EVERYTHING including changing weather stations and it still behaves spotty. I haven't changed anything (except update to ios9) and all my settings are as the should be because as iv stated before, it'll update for X amounts of hourly without a hitch, then it just "gets stupid" as I like to say lol and stall out till I reopen the app to "jump start" it again.

I'm clueless
    I discovered my wifi had switched to the Xfinity wifi community wifi. It's not a strong a signal as my regular Comcast wifi. I changed it back and the widget works again with 5 sections. Haven't checked the hourly notification yet. [Crosses fingers]
    iMore Pro

Very interesting..... you know, talking about the weather is a mechanism for people with nothing in common and nothing to say to be able to converse with each other !

Default BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Apparently it was the wifi causing my BeWeather 2 issues! SMH! It had switched to Xfinitywifi, which is a community wide wifi service by Comcast. It's not a good signal where I live. But as soon as I got back on my regular Comcast wifi, all my BeWeather woes were over.
    [Fingers still crossed].

Quote Originally Posted by Wotcher! View Post
    Very interesting..... you know, talking about the weather is a mechanism for people with nothing in common and nothing to say to be able to converse with each other !
    Indeed it is! But here, we're beta testing an app.
    iMore Nanite

What's the data source?

Quote Originally Posted by ivarelas View Post
    What's the data source?
    Weather Underground
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Apparently it was the wifi causing my BeWeather 2 issues! SMH! It had switched to Xfinitywifi, which is a community wide wifi service by Comcast. It's not a good signal where I live. But as soon as I got back on my regular Comcast wifi, all my BeWeather woes were over.
    [Fingers still crossed].

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...dc6b09c5b3.jpg
    We have personal wifi set up for our router and it's always another thing I ck to make sure I'm connected. So I know what happened with yours switching itself did not happen with me. Idk what else it could be !

Strangely enough I opened BW today mid noonish and it has updated every hour without issue, whether I was home on wifi or out in another town on LTE.

Go figure !!

I'm getting lock screen notifications on a regular basis all of a sudden. I'm still on the old beta because I like the "RED BAR"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445904880.559055.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	96373

I'm getting lock screen notifications on a regular basis all of a sudden. I'm still on the old beta because I like the "RED BAR"...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445904880.559055.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	96373
    You don't need to YELL!
    TurboTiger likes this.

You don't need to YELL!
    LOL ....I thought pflunger might hear me better
    iMore Beginner

Like the red alert much better than a warning sign. Definitely easier to pick up AND read right away of what is going on. Less clicks or none actually.
    Spencerdl and ejraney like this.

@pfluger It's still not working. I thought I had it solved with the wifi. But it's back to the widget not loading and the hourly notifications not working. Those two go hand in hand. If one works, they both work. The widget doesn't work on WiFi or cellular. I haven't tested the hourly on cellular yet. Both the widget with 5 sections and the hourly notifications work on my old iPhone 5, but not on my 6s Plus. It all worked fine until a couple days ago. What happened? Is it something you can fix?

Update: The hourly notifications seem to be working again. The widget sorta works. It's unstable. It may work for a while with the 5 sections I choose, then it won't. If "Last Updated" is one of the 5, it works no problem. If "Location Switcher" is one of the 5 it doesn't do well. Any 4 combination works ok.

Update 2: Back and forth. It works a while, then stops. It seems to be more consistent on my old iPhone 5. I'm really clueless. I hope the next update gets its going again like it was a week ago. Possible culprits are iOS 9.1, wifi, RAM issue, app bug with the 6s Plus.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 10-28-2015 at 03:18 PM.

@pflunger....it appears that the RED BAR is the favorite for important weather advisories.

Quote Originally Posted by iCletus View Post
    Like the red alert much better than a warning sign. Definitely easier to pick up AND read right away of what is going on. Less clicks or none actually.
    I TOTALLY agree with this post
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

Update 2: Back and forth. It works a while, then stops. It seems to be more consistent on my old iPhone 5. I'm really clueless. I hope the next update gets its going again like it was a week ago. Possible culprits are iOS 9.1, wifi, RAM issue, app bug with the 6s Plus.
    I'm still on my 5S.

I'm having the same issue. It'll update for a while then just stall out. I have to open the app for it to start with the lock screen updates again...this started with iOS 9.1 again. On 9.0.2 it seemed like it may have been a bit more stable.

The "RED BAR" looks much better..IMHO

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446100225.969297.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	96733

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446101117.956878.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	96734
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 10-29-2015 at 02:45 AM.

The "RED BAR" looks much better..IMHO

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446100225.969297.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	96733

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446101117.956878.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	96734
    I'm more concerned with everything working right.

I'm more concerned with everything working right.
    So am I, but in the same token I want it to look good as well.

Edit; I went back to the paid version and everything is working correctly on my device.
    iMore Intermediate

I think I found a bug with the radar overlay on the map.

When zoomed out the radar is not in the correct area. Look at these 2 pics. In the Lake Zurich pic the green rain area is just west of Rockford. In the 2nd pic with the radar zoomed out this same rain storm is shown in the middle of Wisconsin which is incorrect. You can duplicate this by zooming out on a current storm on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BeWeather 2 for iPhone-img_0762.jpeg   BeWeather 2 for iPhone-img_0763.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by bdtrader View Post
    I think I found a bug with the radar overlay on the map.

When zoomed out the radar is not in the correct area. Look at these 2 pics. In the Lake Zurich pic the green rain area is just west of Rockford. In the 2nd pic with the radar zoomed out this same rain storm is shown in the middle of Wisconsin which is incorrect. You can duplicate this by zooming out on a current storm on the map.
    There's a temperature difference between those two locations of 9. I tested 2 locations on mine and didn't see that. It wouldn't be a BeWeather 2 bug anyways. That info comes from weather underground. They have had a few issues lately. It's like those two shots were at different times. But your clock says otherwise.
Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 47484950515253 ... LastLast