The Watch complication updates on a regular 30 minute schedule. If your GPS location changes it will only update to that location during its next scheduled update (so at most after 30 minutes).
    I've left my previous location and have been in my new one for almost 3 hours. Watch complication didn't update again. It only updates after I go into the app on my phone and let it update itself. Now, I have my location services set to "only when in use". Does it have to be on "always". Will that solve it??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 01:37 AM
    I've left my previous location and have been in my new one for almost 3 hours. Watch complication didn't update again. It only updates after I go into the app on my phone and let it update itself. Now, I have my location services set to "only when in use". Does it have to be on "always". Will that solve it??

Yes, location services have to be set to always and background updates have to be enabled.

The watch app depends on the iPhone app to get its location. If the iPhone app cannot update in the background it won't be able to provide the watch app with the updated location.
    10-20-2015 02:26 AM
    Yes, location services have to be set to always and background updates have to be enabled.

The watch app depends on the iPhone app to get its location. If the iPhone app cannot update in the background it won't be able to provide the watch app with the updated location.
    Ok so background app refresh MUST be on? Or can I just set location services to "always". Another weather app complication for another app doesn't need background app refresh in order to update location. Just want to be sure I understand correctly to make it work right. Thanks for the help and awesome support as always!

10-20-2015 03:09 AM
    Please go into the phone's settings app, then BeWeather. What does it show as 'Last Push'? Did you receive a push at the time it did not show the notification?
    As of last night when I posted this the last "push" was at early afternoon yesterday. I had tested it several times after that push. I got a push at 8.01 am this morning, but my phone was open. I'll keep checking on the hour. I wish the phone didn't have to be locked to get this notification. I'd like setting it to "alerts" and getting a pop up weather notification every hour.
    10-20-2015 08:28 AM
    Hi pfluger,

Is it possible to choose which of your nearest PWS's BeWeather defaults to for your home location? Of the nearest PWS' around my home area, the one that BeWeather uses by default is a cheap PWS. So no wind readings, temp seems to be off and the humidity never seems to change. I realize I can manually pick another station, but I just wanted to see if this is possible to avoid having to do it often.

Thanks!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-20-2015 08:45 AM
    Hi pfluger,

Is it possible to choose which of your nearest PWS's BeWeather defaults to for your home location? Of the nearest PWS' around my home area, the one that BeWeather uses by default is a cheap PWS. So no wind readings, temp seems to be off and the humidity never seems to change. I realize I can manually pick another station, but I just wanted to see if this is possible to avoid having to do it often.

Thanks!

The first at the top is your default, or the one GPS picks up as your current location. You can tap the location name at the top and change the PWS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445351466.653148.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	95480

In addition to the first "default", I add a second location for my home. The "default" changes with your current location. If you're on vacation in Florida, it will show that.
    10-20-2015 09:27 AM
    Hey everybody good news and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here lol. My Beweather updates FINALLY worked themselves out and is now updating every hour since about 3pm EST yesterday so whatever happened with WU I'm guessing it took them a few extra days to get us on the east coast back up to snuff .
    Thanks to those of you listening to my b!tching lol and thanks to Ledsteplin for the help as well
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:19 AM
    Hey everybody good news and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here lol. My Beweather updates FINALLY worked themselves out and is now updating every hour since about 3pm EST yesterday so whatever happened with WU I'm guessing it took them a few extra days to get us on the east coast back up to snuff .
    Thanks to those of you listening to my b!tching lol and thanks to Ledsteplin for the help as well
    Mine is working now on the new beta. It appears some things take a while to start working after updating or downloading. This seems true with both my old iP 5 as well as my 6s Plus. It may take 8 hours or more for the hourly notifications to appear. That's my experience anyways. YMMV
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-20-2015 11:10 AM
    For those of you with the complication location updating on its own, do you have background refresh on? My watch only updates location data if I open the app on the phone. Weather data updates properly but not location data.

10-20-2015 03:05 PM
    My notification isn't working at all, I have everything on but it doesn't work.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 10:31 PM
    My notification isn't working at all, I have everything on but it doesn't work.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    Phone has to be locked. But you should still get the special alerts for severe, fog, fire and etc. If you want the hourly notifications, lock the phone.
    dchandler likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:46 PM
    The first at the top is your default, or the one GPS picks up as your current location. You can tap the location name at the top and change the PWS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445351466.653148.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	95480

In addition to the first "default", I add a second location for my home. The "default" changes with your current location. If you're on vacation in Florida, it will show that.
    Thanks!
    I understand that much, but just wanted to see if its possible (or maybe something that can be implemented), to change what the app automatically picks for the default PWS for my home address. Just to require a little less time and taps. Unfortunately my area has a couple cheaper PWS's covering it, and the one that gets chosen for default (GPS), has missing or off information.

10-21-2015 06:47 AM
    Thanks!
    I understand that much, but just wanted to see if its possible (or maybe something that can be implemented), to change what the app automatically picks for the default PWS for my home address. Just to require a little less time and taps. Unfortunately my area has a couple cheaper PWS's covering it, and the one that gets chosen for default (GPS), has missing or off information.

The default, or the first location in the location menu is a GPS of your current location, wherever you are at the time. You can set the PWS for that location whichever one you want that's available. You only need to set it once. It should remain on that PWS as long as you remain at that location. It will only change if you manually change it. In addition, you can add a 2nd location for your home and set it to whichever PWS you prefer. This one should remain on your home location regardless of where you are. In mine, the first GPS location of home is set to a PWS and it remains there unless I go out of town or manually change it. The second on the list is also home, but is set to the airport here. It will stay like that unless I change it.
    Can you not change your PWS? it should remain on the one you choose.
    10-21-2015 07:08 AM
    I don't know what the deal is. I have location services as always and background app refresh on. The location data on the watch won't update unless I open the app on the phone. And even with background refresh on, the app always has to take a minute to refresh itself. Then, the temp badge shows maybe 76 on the watch but like 73 on the app for the same location. Takes it awhile for it to refresh the same data on the watch. Personally, I'm getting tired of the differences in temps and location data.

10-21-2015 03:22 PM
    I don't know what the deal is. I have location services as always and background app refresh on. The location data on the watch won't update unless I open the app on the phone. And even with background refresh on, the app always has to take a minute to refresh itself. Then, the temp badge shows maybe 76 on the watch but like 73 on the app for the same location. Takes it awhile for it to refresh the same data on the watch. Personally, I'm getting tired of the differences in temps and location data.

Just remember too it's back on beta. So it's still a work in progress. They'll get it right soon enough.
    10-21-2015 03:35 PM
    Yesterday I went to several locations and spent time at each location. Keep in mind I wasn't there to check if the watch would update. My phone was in my pocket the whole time. And at each location and back home the watch update to correct location. So right now it seems to be working.

The only thing I would love to see is the watch update faster.
    10-23-2015 11:20 AM
    The default, or the first location in the location menu is a GPS of your current location, wherever you are at the time. You can set the PWS for that location whichever one you want that's available. You only need to set it once. It should remain on that PWS as long as you remain at that location. It will only change if you manually change it. In addition, you can add a 2nd location for your home and set it to whichever PWS you prefer. This one should remain on your home location regardless of where you are. In mine, the first GPS location of home is set to a PWS and it remains there unless I go out of town or manually change it. The second on the list is also home, but is set to the airport here. It will stay like that unless I change it.
    Can you not change your PWS? it should remain on the one you choose.
    http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...96fc5d47b3.jpg
    Yes, I can change the PWS. I just wanted to see if this could be accomplished without the extra taps. So when I'm at home, I open the app and GPS will always pick up on the PWS that doesn't really supply data. From here I can change to another nearby PWS that has more data, but when I leave home, the next time I return and open the app, GPS will pick up on that original PWS again. Which from there I go and choose the other nearby with more data.

I see what you're saying about setting a second location, but I just wanted to see if this could be done with the main GPS location, so checking up on the weather would be just a little quicker and not need the extra taps.

10-24-2015 05:27 AM
    10-24-2015 05:48 AM
    Yes, I can change the PWS. I just wanted to see if this could be accomplished without the extra taps. So when I'm at home, I open the app and GPS will always pick up on the PWS that doesn't really supply data. From here I can change to another nearby PWS that has more data, but when I leave home, the next time I return and open the app, GPS will pick up on that original PWS again. Which from there I go and choose the other nearby with more data.

I see what you're saying about setting a second location, but I just wanted to see if this could be done with the main GPS location, so checking up on the weather would be just a little quicker and not need the extra taps.

When I'm at home it opens to the PWS I set it to. It doesn't change while at home. It stays whee I set it. Yours doesn't stay where you set it?
    10-24-2015 05:50 AM
    I think he is saying that when at home and he changes PWS it stays there. However when he goes to a different location and then comes home it defaults to PWS with limited data. Then he has to manually change it. I think he wants to know if he can get it to always use the PWS he wants while at home without having to manually change it.
    10-24-2015 11:35 AM
    I think he is saying that when at home and he changes PWS it stays there. However when he goes to a different location and then comes home it defaults to PWS with limited data. Then he has to manually change it. I think he wants to know if he can get it to always use the PWS he wants while at home without having to manually change it.
    I figured as much. It probably goes to the nearest station to the home location. I don't have that issue because the nearest is my favorite. LOL I would report that station to weather underground. Maybe they would drop them.??
    10-24-2015 02:52 PM
    @pfluger Everything was working great, until this morning. Now the hourly notifications don't show, and the widget will no longer load with 5 sections. It does with 4. What would cause these to stop working?
    10-25-2015 07:04 AM
    Yes! This is correct!

10-25-2015 09:29 AM
    A new beta build is available. Version 2.2.20 brings the following changes:

- Removed red background from weather advisory bar in app. Added alert icon instead.
    - Added new option ‘Temperature and Chance of Rain’ to small watch complications
    10-25-2015 03:00 PM
    A new beta build is available. Version 2.2.20 brings the following changes:

- Removed red background from weather advisory bar in app. Added alert icon instead.
    - Added new option Temperature and Chance of Rain to small watch complications
    I actually liked the "red advisory bar"....it let's you know with a glance.
    10-25-2015 03:19 PM
2,210 ... 4647484950 ...