BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A nice feature to add to the map when open in full map view is to have the controls on the bottom fade away after a few seconds to see more of the map. Then if you tap the map have the controls reappear for a few seconds.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The pin is always centered in the middle of the map preview, which will normally be roughly the center of the screen.

When you have map previews turned off, that "center" is moved far up to where the two sliding panels meet.

We will fix this to have the location center in the middle of the screen when map previews are off.

Great!
Tks pfluger

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Is there a fix for the "share" feature? I share using this a lot on Facebook and other sites. I have to photoshop it to make it look good. It hasn't always done that way.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425786084.445024.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed recently that my location sometimes won't be accurate. My current location now both in the app and in the widget show me as a town or so over.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've also noticed recently that my location sometimes won't be accurate. My current location now both in the app and in the widget show me as a town or so over.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Maybe the personal weather station it's set on is in that locale. Try setting your most local station to "current" and add a 2nd local station as back up you can switch to. I have a station 2 miles away on current location and the 2nd at the airport about 20 miles away. It usually stays on the current station. But sometimes a personal station will go offline, and another station will move into the current spot. Keep a watch on which station it's on.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The one problem o do have is the temp is off by almost 10 degrees compared to thee other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you ever experienced the dark sky/forecast rain predictions not working? Not just occasionally, but majority of the time?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you ever experienced the dark sky/forecast rain predictions not working? Not just occasionally, but majority of the time?

I've never used Dark Sky. I already had about 6 weather apps when it came out, and it wasn't free. :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The one problem o do have is the temp is off by almost 10 degrees compared to thee other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is 2? different from eWeather HD. I think eWeather is the slow one to update. I've noticed the airport location in BeWeather has been slow recently to update. I've seen about 10? difference between the airport and the current personal weather station. The airport had last updated at 1:00 pm and the station was current at 4:15 pm. I'm glad it shows when they update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I have Dark Sky already and it alerts me. I know there's some integration but don't think I've ever had BeWeather alert me too. Is it supposed to? Otherwise you wouldn't need Dark Sky :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Dark Sky already and it alerts me. I know there's some integration but don't think I've ever had BeWeather alert me too. Is it supposed to? Otherwise you wouldn't need Dark Sky :)

BeWeather 2 has an hourly weather notification that shows on the lock screen and the notification center. It shows if the phone has been locked for however you have auto lock set. Notifications for severe or other bad weather come in in a timely manner. It's actually very good with those. And they show on the lock screen, along with the alert sound.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
BeWeather 2 has an hourly weather notification that shows on the lock screen and the notification center. It shows if the phone has been locked for however you have auto lock set. Notifications for severe or other bad weather come in in a timely manner. It's actually very good with those. And they show on the lock screen, along with the alert sound.

Ok those I have seen those. Dark Sky alerts with rain, snow, etc., whether it's going to drizzle, heavy rain, flurries, snow, etc., whether you're using the phone or not. Different enough that both are good to have. :)

The rain for the next hour graph is right out of Dark Sky.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok those I have seen those. Dark Sky alerts with rain, snow, etc., whether it's going to drizzle, heavy rain, flurries, snow, etc., whether you're using the phone or not. Different enough that both are good to have. :)

The rain for the next hour graph is right out of Dark Sky.
BeWeather 2 widget rain graph currently.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425866269.500702.jpg

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There is a default zoom level but BeWeather (should) remember the last zoom level you set the map to.

So if you prefer the map zoomed in, go fullscreen, zoom in and go back. It should remain there on next launch. That setting is per location.

Can you make this zoom level permanent until changed? Whenever I set it to a new level it eventually defaults to the standard level. Then I have to change it back.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I've never used Dark Sky. I already had about 6 weather apps when it came out, and it wasn't free. :D

Yup, definitely one of the pricier weather apps. (Dark Sky) But BeWeather 2 uses the Dark Sky/ Forecast data for the minutely rain predictions, which is why I asked. :) Been having problems with mine and just waned to see if I'm the only one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup, definitely one of the pricier weather apps. (Dark Sky) But BeWeather 2 uses the Dark Sky/ Forecast data for the minutely rain predictions, which is why I asked. :) Been having problems with mine and just waned to see if I'm the only one.

Gotcha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen