Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree835Likes
    CDG
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

Default BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Anyone install this on their iPad?

Here it is on mine

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charlyee; 11-17-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    pfluger likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

Default Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

I have a quick, possibly silly question. I have the temp badge set to show in the app....is this supposed to update automatically through out the day, if so, how often? Hourly? Quarterly?

OR does the temp badge not update until the app is opened?

Reason I'm asking is because, last night at bed I checked the weather and then this morn it was still showing the same temp as last night, 9hours prior, and I had to open the app to update.

This was on both my iPad Air and 5S. I have a good wifi connection as well as LTE

TIA !

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    Sherry_B likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416320983.671132.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	71685

Loving this app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    I have a quick, possibly silly question. I have the temp badge set to show in the app....is this supposed to update automatically through out the day, if so, how often? Hourly? Quarterly?

Reason I'm asking is because, last night at bed I checked the weather and then this morn it was still showing the same temp as last night, 9hours prior, and I had to open the app to update.

This was on both my iPad Air and 5S. I have a good wifi connection as well as LTE

TIA !

Check your 'reported at' on the bottom of the screen. Your local weather station might not be updating regularly. You can select a different weather station by tapping the blue dot next to your location name.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts

This was always my favorite BB weather app. So happy that I can have it again. You did a great job. Thank you!
    iMore Newbie

The problem with updating the badge on the icon does not appear to be a weather station problem. I have the same issue with my iPhone 6 +.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdtrader View Post
    Check your 'reported at' on the bottom of the screen. Your local weather station might not be updating regularly. You can select a different weather station by tapping the blue dot next to your location name.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I did try that with no success unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleNick View Post
    The problem with updating the badge on the icon does not appear to be a weather station problem. I have the same issue with my iPhone 6 +.
    I've tried changing my weather station with no success, and what I'm also noticing is the actual temp badge will disappear on occasion also. I have to go into the app and turn it off/on for it to show again.

This is happening on both my iPad Air 1 and 5S, both running 8.1.1.

Thanks for the suggestion but I did try that with no success unfortunately.

I've tried changing my weather station with no success, and what I'm also noticing is the actual temp badge will disappear on occasion also. I have to go into the app and turn it off/on for it to show again.

This is happening on both my iPad Air 1 and 5S, both running 8.1.1.

I noticed that on all of my weather app with badges (except Fahrenheit) I have to go into the app to actually change the badge temp....not sure why. I'm not having problems with disappearing of the temp badge. May I suggest a delete and reinstall of the BeWeather2 app.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I noticed that on all of my weather app with badges (except Fahrenheit) I have to go into the app to actually change the badge temp....not sure why. I'm not having problems with disappearing of the temp badge. May I suggest a delete and reinstall of the BeWeather2 app.
    Thanks Spencer. My Fahrenheit app is able to sustain the current temp updating hourly as it should as well.

Ok, so I deleted and reinstalled BeWeather2 and set up the app again as well as making sure background app refresh is ON for BeWeather too.

Hopefully, that did the trick !!

Spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Anyone install this on their iPad?

Here it is on mine

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...79f2f9a9de.jpg

I have Yahoo weather installed on my iPad. BeWeather 2 is replacing it

CDG and ladyc0524 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Once again, great work on the app. It is my go to weather app from now on. The Apple stock weather app got put away in a folder

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416333064.440237.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	71698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416333073.092892.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	71699
    Spencerdl and pfluger like this.
    CDG
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darthstorm528 View Post
    I have Yahoo weather installed on my iPad. BeWeather 2 is replacing it

Same here, it replaced the Yahoo Weather.

pfluger likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

TIA !

The temperature badge should update roughly every hour.

Make sure to never close BeWeather from the app switcher by swiping it up. This will kill any background processes (the one updating the badge).
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

15 five-star reviews. Thanks everyone!!

Name:	IMG_0801.PNG 
Views:	123 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	71712

Thanks Spencer. My Fahrenheit app is able to sustain the current temp updating hourly as it should as well.

Ok, so I deleted and reinstalled BeWeather2 and set up the app again as well as making sure background app refresh is ON for BeWeather too.

Hopefully, that did the trick !!

I've been just the opposite. When I had the Fahrenheit app, it took forever to update the badge. I've had no problems with BeWeather most of the time. A couple of times it was behind a bit. It seems all the temp badge apps have this issue to some degree. But BeWeather and eWeather HD have been the best.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    15 five-star reviews. Thanks everyone!!

Name:	IMG_0801.PNG 
Views:	123 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	71712
    Are you 'marketing' it to any of the usual blogs (including imore) to do reviews? I have seen most new weather apps get a good amount of exposure on the apple blog circuit....
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

The temperature badge should update roughly every hour.

Make sure to never close BeWeather from the app switcher by swiping it up. This will kill any background processes (the one updating the badge).
    Thanks Pfluger. So since reinstalling both on iPad and iPhone this morning, the badge was updating and "behaving". But now(4pm) I've noticed on my iPad the temp hasn't updated since 2pm and the badge disappeared altogether about 3pm. So far my 5S seems to be ok.

As far as keeping the app active in the background, I've left it alone yesterday and then today since installing it. I hardly ever close out my apps in the switcher, but I know I didn't close BeWeather yesterday or today when I started having the disappearing badge and not updating the temp.

FWIW, I know I have a good wifi connection because I've been streaming iHeartRadio on my iPad since 9am without any cut outs.

Any other suggestions?

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    A couple of times it was behind a bit. It seems all the temp badge apps have this issue to some degree.
    That has been my experience as well. Temp-badges are finicky. But now with the widget-ability of iOS 8 the temp-badge is less important to me.
    iMore Newbie

Thanks Pfluger. So since reinstalling both on iPad and iPhone this morning, the badge was updating and "behaving". But now(4pm) I've noticed on my iPad the temp hasn't updated since 2pm and the badge disappeared altogether about 3pm. So far my 5S seems to be ok.

As far as keeping the app active in the background, I've left it alone yesterday and then today since installing it. I hardly ever close out my apps in the switcher, but I know I didn't close BeWeather yesterday or today when I started having the disappearing badge and not updating the temp.

FWIW, I know I have a good wifi connection because I've been streaming iHeartRadio on my iPad since 9am without any cut outs.

Any other suggestions?

I am also continuing to have the same issue on my 6+. For some reason it updated one time overnight when the phone was charging.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #45  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdtrader View Post
    Are you 'marketing' it to any of the usual blogs (including imore) to do reviews? I have seen most new weather apps get a good amount of exposure on the apple blog circuit....
    Yeah, we have contacted the typical Apple related blogs like iMore, TUAW etc. Ultimately it is up to them if or when they post anything. Unfortunately we haven't seen much response yet.

It might help some to toggle on Background App Refresh for BeWeather 2. Not sure if that would help the badge updating or not. I have mine on just for that one app. No badge issues to speak of.

22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #47  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

It might help some to toggle on Background App Refresh for BeWeather 2. Not sure if that would help the badge updating or not. I have mine on just for that one app. No badge issues to speak of.

The background app refresh has to be on for the temperature badge to work.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

The background app refresh has to be on for the temperature badge to work.
    Yes. I have the background app refresh on, just as i did when I first installed the app yesterday, and then upon reinstalling today I made sure it was on for both the iPad and iPhone.

And...I've spoken too soon. My 5S hasn't updated the temp since 3pm but at least the badge didn't disappear on me lol.

I wound up having to reopen the app altogether on my iPad & 5S to get things going again.

Either way, I'm real happy with the app overall, and I use the Notification Center to check on things through out the day anyway, so I will see the current temp updated there every time I open it, and that's fine. If the badge still stays fussy on my iPad and iPhone I'll just toggle it off.

Yes. I have the background app refresh on, just as i did when I first installed the app yesterday, and then upon reinstalling today I made sure it was on for both the iPad and iPhone.

And...I've spoken too soon. My 5S hasn't updated the temp since 3pm but at least the badge didn't disappear on me lol.

I wound up having to reopen the app altogether on my iPad & 5S to get things going again.

Either way, I'm real happy with the app overall, and I use the Notification Center to check on things through out the day anyway, so I will see the current temp updated there every time I open it, and that's fine. If the badge still stays fussy on my iPad and iPhone I'll just toggle it off.

When I added BeWeather 2 to my Wife's phone, I put it in the same weather folder with eWeather HD. Both had a temp badge. So the folder showed 88. The temp was in the 40's. It added the 2 badges together. LOL!

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

When I added BeWeather 2 to my Wife's phone, I put it in the same weather folder with eWeather HD. Both had a temp badge. So the folder showed 88. The temp was in the 40's. It added the 2 badges together. LOL!

As cold as it is here, wind chill and all feeling like it's in the high teens, I could only wish it to be 88 right now !!

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast