Not quite sure since my phone is going crazy with the windchill and snow warnings for the last 2-3 days.
    We have had that too!
    01-08-2015 06:54 PM
    And maybe it's my imagination, but I do recall seeing the hourly alert a lot more before iOS 8. And my lock screen passcode was set for 1 hour then. Is there any way iOS 8 could have messed this up?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-08-2015 06:55 PM
    I am hoping there is a way for the app to alert regardless of whether there is a PIN on the phone. I use one all the time (and the fingerprint scanner is 1000x better!) but obviously there are those who don't.
    01-08-2015 07:37 PM
    I am hoping there is a way for the app to alert regardless of whether there is a PIN on the phone. I use one all the time (and the fingerprint scanner is 1000x better!) but obviously there are those who don't.
    I'll probably use the fingerprint scanner when I finally upgrade. But there's a lot of people who don't like to lock their phones. I don't on my 5. It's bothersome to input a code each time I open the phone.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-09-2015 02:36 PM
    I'll probably use the fingerprint scanner when I finally upgrade. But there's a lot of people who don't like to lock their phones. I don't on my 5. It's bothersome to input a code each time I open the phone.

Led, I was like that with my 4S and 5C. I never had a code set for the same reasons. BUT!! when I got my 5S back in November I set the code and fingerprints up.

Can I tell you.......I LOVE using the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone. It's extremely convienent

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air
    01-09-2015 02:39 PM
    If you ever lose your phone you'll be glad you had the passcode. I've used it forever (didn't have a 5S, got the 6 launch day after getting the 5 launch day) and while it does take some getting used to at the beginning, that goes away quickly. The comfort of knowing nobody can go through your stuff if you lose your phone is worth it.
    ladyc0524 and zerog46 like this.
    01-09-2015 06:51 PM
    pfluger,
    When can we expect the radar map widget?
    TIA
    01-10-2015 04:20 PM
    What about iCloud syncing for all of the weather sites we have selected?
    TurboTiger and robertk328 like this.
    01-11-2015 06:56 AM
    So, for whatever strange reason I've suddenly stopped getting my hourly weather updates on my lock screen starting yesterday, sometime in the early evening. I can't recall what time it was when I rec'd the last one.....maybe 8ish. So this morning I swiped out Bewether from multitask and reopened it, along with a shut down (not hard reset). I'll see if that jolts it to show up on the lock screen again......

I am still receiving the weather alerts, AFAIK.
    01-12-2015 06:37 AM
    If you ever lose your phone you'll be glad you had the passcode. I've used it forever (didn't have a 5S, got the 6 launch day after getting the 5 launch day) and while it does take some getting used to at the beginning, that goes away quickly. The comfort of knowing nobody can go through your stuff if you lose your phone is worth it.
    I'm retired and am home most of the time. I don't get out much at all. When I do go anywhere, my phone stays in my pocket or in my hand. I've gone 3 years with an unlocked phone. I'm just not that concerned about losing my phone or someone stealing it. I have set the lock for 1 hour. I can deal with that. But as much as I use it, I'm not punching in a 4 digit code every few minutes.

01-12-2015 07:46 AM
    So, for whatever strange reason I've suddenly stopped getting my hourly weather updates on my lock screen starting yesterday, sometime in the early evening. I can't recall what time it was when I rec'd the last one.....maybe 8ish. So this morning I swiped out Bewether from multitask and reopened it, along with a shut down (not hard reset). I'll see if that jolts it to show up on the lock screen again......

I am still receiving the weather alerts, AFAIK.
    How is your lock set?

01-12-2015 07:48 AM
    How is your lock set?

Finger print with passcode backup. It's been that way since I got my 5S & downloaded Beweather so I know that's not the issue.

01-12-2015 08:07 AM
    Finger print with passcode backup. It's been that way since I got my 5S & downloaded Beweather so I know that's not the issue.

Did you check in the app to see if notifications are turned on there? Deleting the app from the home screen and installing it back might work better than swiping it out of the app switcher.

01-12-2015 08:28 AM
    Did you check in the app to see if notifications are turned on there? Deleting the app from the home screen and installing it back might work better than swiping it out of the app switcher.

Oh yea, everything is set right, I've changed nothing.

It's back to working again. At the top of the hour just now the lock screen weather showed....weird

I called some kinda shenanigans lol.

01-12-2015 09:18 AM
    So it looks like it is correct that the "lockscreen weather" will only appear while the device is PIN-locked.

We had to use a workaround/hack to make sure these notifications are only shown while the lockscreen is active. This hack does only detect when the device is PIN-locked, not when it is merely asleep with the screen turned off (and the "slide to unlock" showing).

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a fix for this at this time.

Btw, I personally agree that with touch ID there is no point in not having a PIN lock. It is faster to unlock using the touch sensor than using "swipe to unlock"
    01-13-2015 08:51 PM
    So it looks like it is correct that the "lockscreen weather" will only appear while the device is PIN-locked.

We had to use a workaround/hack to make sure these notifications are only shown while the lockscreen is active. This hack does only detect when the device is PIN-locked, not when it is merely asleep with the screen turned off (and the "slide to unlock" showing).

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a fix for this at this time.

Btw, I personally agree that with touch ID there is no point in not having a PIN lock. It is faster to unlock using the touch sensor than using "swipe to unlock"
    The main thing is we all get the severe weather alerts. Those seem to work well. The difference between BeWeather 2 and other weather apps is that BeWeather 2 is fun.

01-13-2015 10:16 PM
    So, the beta in Test Flight expired and now the app won't open. Do I download the last version from the app store or what?

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    01-19-2015 02:55 PM
    So, the beta in Test Flight expired and now the app won't open. Do I download the last version from the app store or what?

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    Yes, you will have to download from the app store until a new beta becomes available.
    01-19-2015 02:58 PM
    Did anyone else loose BeWeather 2 on their iPads?
    Edit.... Got it

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2015 05:50 PM
    Not finding BeWeather 2 for my iPad on the app store.
    Beta expired.
    Any suggestions?
    TIA
    01-19-2015 06:41 PM
    Beta expired.
    Any suggestions?
    TIA
    Did you set it to "iPhone only" in the App Store? The iPad version was beta and not in the store yet.
    01-19-2015 06:58 PM
    Beta expired.
    Any suggestions?
    TIA
    Tap on "not on this iPad" and select "iPhone apps"
    Also if you have not updated the purchased version you must do so to download on iPad
    01-19-2015 06:58 PM
    Ok guys thanks.
    I forgot the iPad version isn't released yet. it was only beta.
    Good Luck
    01-19-2015 07:02 PM
    All of a sudden mine is just crashing today. Starts up and shuts right off. iPhone 6 with latest iOS. No changes made to phone.
    01-20-2015 01:49 PM
    Never mind. It says test expired. I paid for the app months ago. I re downloaded and it is working now.
    01-20-2015 01:56 PM
2,235 ... 1516171819 ...