BeWeather 2 for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Loving this weather app !! Every now and then my iPad Air 1st gen seems to have the temp badge disappear. It happened about 3 times yesterday morning, so now with the new update I'll see how that goes, as well as for my phone. The other day there was a weather alert but it never showed up on my lock screen.

Overall I'm very pleased with this app
Here's an icon set I downloaded from Beautifiul Driod blog called Pink Christmas. It was free, and perfect for the season
View attachment 72847

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

How do you install it to use?

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you install it to use?

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Go to BeautifulDroid and download the bwi file to your computer. This set is free, in fact, all of her BW sets are free.
http://beautifuldroid.blogspot.com/search/label/BeWeather

Once it's in your computer, from your computer also, log into your Dropbox, or box. What ever you use, and add the file to your public folder. From there highlight the added file and copy the public link. It'll be a "http" link.

Go into Beweather app, and where you choose the icons, choose "custom" instead. It'll ask you to put in the link. Paste the copied http public link from your DB, box etc and tap ok. It will apply the weather set.

Keep in mind, for each custom set, you'll have to follow this procedure.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to BeautifulDroid and download the bwi file to your computer. This set is free, in fact, all of her BW sets are free.
http://beautifuldroid.blogspot.com/search/label/BeWeather

Once it's in your computer, from your computer also, log into your Dropbox, or box. What ever you use, and add the file to your public folder. From there highlight the added file and copy the public link. It'll be a "http" link.

Go into Beweather app, and where you choose the icons, choose "custom" instead. It'll ask you to put in the link. Paste the copied http public link from your DB, box etc and tap ok. It will apply the weather set.

Keep in mind, for each custom set, you'll have to follow this procedure.

I don't see a public folder in Box or Dropbox on my phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a public folder in Box or Dropbox on my phone.
Dropbox announced in the past that new accounts won’t have public folder by default, that change reflects for accounts created after October 4, 2012 (public folders for accounts created prior to October 4 will continue to work). This change has been brought for the sake of new Links feature. Nevertheless, Dropbox says that new users are still able to create public folder on their accounts by following a link. See here...
(Side-note: I've read that this applies to free users. To get a "Public" folder you should be using Dropbox Pro or business plan for that.)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You're awesome!
Any chances of making a Pink Panther BeWeather icon set? :heart:

Thanks lol, but that's not my blog. I suppose you could probably go to Barbie's blog and find where her email is to get in touch with her and ask if she'll do a custom set for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox announced in the past that new accounts won?t have public folder by default, that change reflects for accounts created after October 4, 2012 (public folders for accounts created prior to October 4 will continue to work). This change has been brought for the sake of new Links feature. Nevertheless, Dropbox says that new users are still able to create public folder on their accounts by following a link. See here...
(Side-note: I've read that this applies to free users. To get a "Public" folder you should be using Dropbox Pro or business plan for that.)

Thanks.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A new beta version is up. Changes in version 2.0.60

? Improved battery use for background processes
? Changed 'Location Search' screen to white
? Fixed 'Location Search' screen layout on iPhone 6/6+

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone report on use of the app in Thailand - temp updates and forecast accuracy?

I don't see why it would not work. There may not be any personal weather stations there though. If not, it would need to be set on the nearest airport that offers weather info. It would be the same as Weather Underground.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Also, one more thing I would love to see. In the sharing to Facebook and Twitter section, can you change it so we can chose to share a screenshot of something other than the radar? I think a screenshot of those awesome icons would be much better.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, one more thing I would love to see. In the sharing to Facebook and Twitter section, can you change it so we can chose to share a screenshot of something other than the radar? I think a screenshot of those awesome icons would be much better.

You can use a photo from your camera roll. Tap the photo icon in the bottom left.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417963993.353921.jpg

Add a photo from the camera roll and tap share.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417964039.034818.jpg

Or this with a clear screen to see the icons? It just needs a clear screen option without the temp and etc.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417964626.815101.jpg

Headgame

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Why do I keep getting "Unable to Load" in my BeWeather widget?
I've got a 6 Plus and am reasonably certain all my settings are correct.
Otherwise great app.

Status
Not open for further replies.