Go to BeautifulDroid and download the bwi file to your computer. This set is free, in fact, all of her BW sets are free.
    *Beautiful Droid*: BeWeather
    You're awesome!
    Any chances of making a Pink Panther BeWeather icon set?
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-06-2014 01:00 PM
    Go to BeautifulDroid and download the bwi file to your computer. This set is free, in fact, all of her BW sets are free.
    http://beautifuldroid.blogspot.com/s...abel/BeWeather

Once it's in your computer, from your computer also, log into your Dropbox, or box. What ever you use, and add the file to your public folder. From there highlight the added file and copy the public link. It'll be a "http" link.

Go into Beweather app, and where you choose the icons, choose "custom" instead. It'll ask you to put in the link. Paste the copied http public link from your DB, box etc and tap ok. It will apply the weather set.

Keep in mind, for each custom set, you'll have to follow this procedure.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    I don't see a public folder in Box or Dropbox on my phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-06-2014 01:57 PM
    I don't see a public folder in Box or Dropbox on my phone.
    Dropbox announced in the past that new accounts won’t have public folder by default, that change reflects for accounts created after October 4, 2012 (public folders for accounts created prior to October 4 will continue to work). This change has been brought for the sake of new Links feature. Nevertheless, Dropbox says that new users are still able to create public folder on their accounts by following a link. See here...
    (Side-note: I've read that this applies to free users. To get a "Public" folder you should be using Dropbox Pro or business plan for that.)
    12-06-2014 02:30 PM
    You're awesome!
    Any chances of making a Pink Panther BeWeather icon set?
    Thanks lol, but that's not my blog. I suppose you could probably go to Barbie's blog and find where her email is to get in touch with her and ask if she'll do a custom set for you.

12-06-2014 04:54 PM
    Dropbox announced in the past that new accounts wont have public folder by default, that change reflects for accounts created after October 4, 2012 (public folders for accounts created prior to October 4 will continue to work). This change has been brought for the sake of new Links feature. Nevertheless, Dropbox says that new users are still able to create public folder on their accounts by following a link. See here...
    (Side-note: I've read that this applies to free users. To get a "Public" folder you should be using Dropbox Pro or business plan for that.)
    Thanks.

12-06-2014 06:43 PM
    A new beta version is up. Changes in version 2.0.60

Improved battery use for background processes
    Changed 'Location Search' screen to white
    Fixed 'Location Search' screen layout on iPhone 6/6+
    sanibel likes this.
    12-06-2014 10:20 PM
    A new beta version is up. Changes in version 2.0.60

Changed 'Location Search' screen to white
    It's harder to see now. Too bright white for me. What was the reason for the change?

12-07-2014 12:15 AM
    It's harder to see now. Too bright white for me. What was the reason for the change?
    The light version is needed for future iPad support.

BeWeather 2 for iPhone-screenshot_beweather2_ipadair2.jpg
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    12-07-2014 01:22 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_beweather2_iPadAir2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	72999
    Best news ever.

Testing it now. Anything that can help with battery is good add location screen seems easy to read on my iPhone 6.

Thanks!
    12-07-2014 07:42 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_beweather2_iPadAir2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	72999
    It's OK. It's just me. A lot of eye surgery will make one's eyes sensitive to brightness. But I won't go there much anyway.

12-07-2014 07:59 AM
    When are you going to start beta testing on the iPad version?
    12-07-2014 08:01 AM
    Can anyone report on use of the app in Thailand - temp updates and forecast accuracy?
    I don't see why it would not work. There may not be any personal weather stations there though. If not, it would need to be set on the nearest airport that offers weather info. It would be the same as Weather Underground.

12-07-2014 08:07 AM
    Also, one more thing I would love to see. In the sharing to Facebook and Twitter section, can you change it so we can chose to share a screenshot of something other than the radar? I think a screenshot of those awesome icons would be much better.
    12-07-2014 08:40 AM
    Also, one more thing I would love to see. In the sharing to Facebook and Twitter section, can you change it so we can chose to share a screenshot of something other than the radar? I think a screenshot of those awesome icons would be much better.
    You can use a photo from your camera roll. Tap the photo icon in the bottom left.
    BeWeather 2 for iPhone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417963993.353921.jpg

Add a photo from the camera roll and tap share.
    BeWeather 2 for iPhone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417964039.034818.jpg

Or this with a clear screen to see the icons? It just needs a clear screen option without the temp and etc.
    BeWeather 2 for iPhone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417964626.815101.jpg

Spencerdl and sanibel like this.
    12-07-2014 08:54 AM
    Can anyone report on use of the app in Thailand - temp updates and forecast accuracy?
    I don't see why it would not work. There may not be any personal weather stations there though. If not, it would need to be set on the nearest airport that offers weather info. It would be the same as Weather Underground.
    Weather Underground for Thailand.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-07-2014 10:06 AM
    Why do I keep getting "Unable to Load" in my BeWeather widget?
    I've got a 6 Plus and am reasonably certain all my settings are correct.
    Otherwise great app.
    12-07-2014 10:38 AM
    New beta working well for me.
    Tks pfluger
    12-07-2014 10:47 AM
    New beta working well for me.
    Tks pfluger
    Mine as well
    12-07-2014 10:49 AM
    My temp badge is not updating also I don't get lock screen or notification Center notifications.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    12-07-2014 11:34 AM
    Why do I keep getting "Unable to Load" in my BeWeather widget?
    I've got a 6 Plus and am reasonably certain all my settings are correct.
    Otherwise great app.
    I have that issue. Try using only 3 sections rather than 4 or more. Change that in the app's settings, go to Settings >Today Widget >Widget Sections. Toggle on Current Conditions and 2 more sections. Also, you might try a different iconset. Some seem to work better than others. The default usually works well. Also, you may have another widget or two that's hogging the memory. I think that's part of my problem.

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 12-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    12-07-2014 11:45 AM
    I have that issue. Try using only 3 sections rather than 4 or more. Change that in the app's settings, go to Settings >Today Widget >Widget Sections. Toggle on Current Conditions and 2 more sections. Also, you might try a different iconset. Some seem to work better than others. The default usually works well. Also, you may have another widget or two that's hogging the memory. I think that's part of my problem.

Good tips. Seems to be helping. Thank you!
    12-07-2014 06:53 PM
    Got crashes when I wanted to track storms. Could repeat it several times (latest beta, so pflugger must have gotten several reports).
    12-08-2014 02:41 AM
    Newest beta is stable and working good. Finally got a weather alert and like the way out now shows in the widget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-08-2014 07:55 AM
    Since the last update this week, on my iPad Air 1st gen iOS 8.1.1 and now 8.1.2, in portrait mode, this has been happening almost every time I open BeWeather up. Any one else getting this too? I only open BeWeather in portrait mode. The only time I use it in landscape is when I pull the Notification Center down and view the widget.

BeWeather 2 for iPhone-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418175292.018374.jpg

Also, if I tap the top left 3 lines to edit, the screen there is cut off too as well as the settings gear not showing on the screen. I have to close the app, swipe it out of the background then reopen the app and it'll return to full screen again.

12-09-2014 07:34 PM
    My weather alerts on the lock screen and on the notification center screen have stopped. This seems to be since the iOS 8.1.2 update.

12-12-2014 07:29 PM
2,235 ... 910111213 ...