Google Hangouts texting question

mooch91

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
All,

I use a google voice number as a secondary phone number. I loved that google hangouts finally incorporated text and voice calls using the google voice number; it finally gives me a Google supported VoIP app to use.

That said, I have not been able to figure out how to send an sms to a random phone number. It seems as if the app only lets you text an existing hangout, or someone who texts me first. The send button never appears when I try to initiate a new text to a new number.

Anyone else have better success?

Thanks!

Sent from my mobile device.

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Since I was using Google hangouts as my SMS app I haven't encountered any problem. The interface was great and it's user friendly. It also bring conversations to life with photos, emoji, and even group video calls for free.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sms is not fully set up for iOS like it is for android. I'd just stick to the Google voice app until they finalize the integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooch91

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Sms is not fully set up for iOS like it is for android. I'd just stick to the Google voice app until they finalize the integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, that's what I was planning to do. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner