Google needs to create a dedicated contacts app for iOS.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Google needs to create a google contacts app for iPhone so ios users can access google groups. Not a sync but a dedicated app for the contacts. Allow users to open all handlers and links in Google apps (ie telephone numbers should open in hangouts, addresses should open in Google maps, text messages should open in Google voice or Google hangouts, urls should open in chrome, video calls in hangouts, emails in gmail or inbox, birthdays and dates in Google calendar, and share contacts as vcf files via Google voice or Google hangouts). There should also be a way to export and import all contacts with pictures using a vcf file. It would also be nice if it supported multiple google accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use both android and an iPhone. This would make it extremely easy to switch between the two.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use both android and an iPhone. This would make it extremely easy to switch between the two.

I understand, but there's some things companies want to keep in-house. No company wants to make something that could jeopardize the sales of it's own devices in lieu of increasing the sales of a competitor's.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
No, you put words in my mouth. I said that I don?t want Google invading my life any more than they already have (which is too much).

You don't have to use them. You fear is not a good reason for others to not have the option if they so wish.

That was the hidden point to my obvious putting words in your mouth.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to use them. You fear is not a good reason for others to not have the option if they so wish.

That was the hidden point to my obvious putting words in your mouth.

Where did I say that no one else could use anything? And where did I say that I was afraid of anything?

Please don’t attempt to speak for me. Ever. Ok? SMH

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I understand, but there's some things companies want to keep in-house. No company wants to make something that could jeopardize the sales of it's own devices in lieu of increasing the sales of a competitor's.

Apple already has contact apps in the App Store so this would be no different. Google does not care about jeopardizing the sales of its own devices (which I do not think is the case). They want their apps and services on as many platforms as possible minus windows phone of course.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple already has contact apps in the App Store so this would be no different. Google does not care about jeopardizing the sales of its own devices (which I do not think is the case). They want their apps and services on as many platforms as possible minus windows phone of course.

You could be right.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use all Google apps. I occasionally use iMessage with other iPhone users but that's about it.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I use google for gmail (but in the native mail app) and for search. I don't care how many Google apps exist in the AppStore and I have no problems with apple allowing them in the AppStore. I just have no desire to have an integrated series of Google apps on my iOS device where one Google app opens another and so on. If I wanted to use all Google apps in that integrated fashion, then I would choose android. I just personally prefer the way all of my apple and iOS and OS X devices are integrated. YMMV.

I fully agree with that point of view. It's about having choices even if you personally will not be using them. Nice post.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use a nexus 5 (soon to be a nexus 6) and an iPhone 6+ and using all Google apps makes the transition between the two seamless. I prefer the iPhone and that is the phone I use the most but I'll use my nexus android from time to time. A contacts app that links to all of Google's other apps would be the icing on the cake.

I hate Apple apps because they don't design their software for other platforms. If I get locked into iCloud email, contacts, etc I wouldn't be able to use another phone that is not ios.