Chrome vs safari

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So how many people use Chrome and how many users use safari? I find safari to be a bit laggy and freezes but Google Chrome is fast and I love the reduce data feature Google has too

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like both but Chrome holds the edge in terms of cloud features on it. I wish it had the same engine as Safari though.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Using different Operating Systems on two different continents, Chrome gets my vote (Mac and PC formats). Interestingly enough, on my iP6 I like iCab browser best.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the Safari browser but Google for search. Haven't used Chrome.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
On a 5S and the original Mini iPad, both with iOs 8.1, I go back and forth as one week Chrome is faster, the next Safari. Then Chrome starts to bog down and I go try Safari and Voila !, it's magically gotten quick again, then a week later and it's reversed.

No clues as to why and the bottom line is they both seem about the same in terms of speed.

One thing that I have issues with is Apple pulled the plug on Safari for Windows, so I can't get my device bookmarks over to the desktop version from either device, unless somebody has a clue. I might make this a separate thread if needed.

nanothread59

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I love everything about Safari, from the way it blurs in OSX Yosemite to the incredible useful Handoff feature. It has never once crashed but it can be slow sometimes, but that's because my internet's terrible - nothing I can do about that :)

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Chrome on Mac because when you close it clears cookies automatically and Safari you have to delete manually all the time. On iPhone Safari because you can stay in private mode all the time, once you have private mode on, it stays private when you continue to browse or open links in it. With Chrome you can't do this on the iPhone.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I used to use Chrome way back, but moved back to Safari and have been using it solely ever since. Much better feel I think.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Safari - I used Chrome for a while too.

But I noticed that Chrome is a resource hog on both Mac and PCs. You can check it in your activity monitor or task manager respectively. So assuming the framework is the same on iOS devices, I decided not to use Chrome on iPhone or iPad. Completely uninstalled the same from all the devices (Mac, iPhones and iPads)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like Chrome at all on my phone. I've tried to several times. I do like the Puffin Browser. I have specific uses for Puffin, like using Adobe flash and great desktop views of sites. But I use Safari most of the time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

CharlesTeel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Safari does pretty well for me. The only thing I use Chrome for is to send docs back and forth between devices over Google Cloud Print.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro