Stock apps

namichael

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else prefer to use the stock iOS apps (calendar, mail, notes, reminders) over replacement apps? I know that third party apps have more features and functionality but I have a tendency to stick to the stock ones because of how they are tied to iOS as far as Siri and how well they function to together.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else prefer to use the stock iOS apps (calendar, mail, notes, reminders) over replacement apps? I know that third party apps have more features and functionality but I have a tendency to stick to the stock ones because of how they are tied to iOS as far as Siri and how well they function to together.

Yep all of my apps accept for reminders are the apple apps. I use wunderlist for reminders

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock apps. I use Evernote and OneNote for extensive note taking, but I'll use the stock notes app for quick stuff like a grocery list.

namichael

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I've just recently switched to evernote for notes and reminders. Still not sure I'm going to stick with it. I'm curious about Fantastical 2 for a calendar alternative. I like the look of the new widget.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I use the stock apps: calendar, reminders, contacts, notes.
I do use Evernote to clip blogs or web pages.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use both the stock Calendar and 2 3rd party Calendars. Stock Notes, Mail and Reminders. Google Maps and Waze. Safari browser mostly. Sometimes Puffin free. Stock calculator.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep. I use the maps app, notes, calculator etc. Love em. Got no complaints

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I use Fantastical and AnyList. Fantastical ties into the stock calendar and reminders and has an awesome new widget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Personally yes, but only because of less screen space and not having to check as many apps. Also the integration with notifications and UI just seems better. But honestly most, if not all, the stock apps need a makeover in terms of functionality. So many third-party apps do what the native apps can do + more but I forgo them in place of deep integration, etc. regardless of their lack of features

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For the most part I go with the stock versions, however, I do also use the third party ones, and on top of the stock apps as well. So, it's pretty much whatever I can get I use kind of thing.

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much use all stock ones with the exception of Evernote. I need the cross platform functionality that it provides and it nicely integrates with Outlook on my work computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234