Best notes app?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Back on iOS for the first time in about a year. Never really needed a notes for more than just jotting a few thoughts every now and again.

Now I need one for more uses but don't want to use the stock one and even though I've tried Evernote multiple times there's just something about it I don't like.

What would you suggest?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use Evernote and the stock note app but I do know that Simplenote is also quite good. I think it's free in the app store but probably has IAP.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I use Evernote and the stock note app but I do know that Simplenote is also quite good. I think it's free in the app store but probably has IAP.
Hmm. I was listening to podcast just a couple hours ago and someone casually mentioned that they use simple note. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks :).

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you do with the notes, if you want to quick entry notes or do you want to manage complex notes etc.

I would always recommend 📒 OneNote, which is really the best notes and note taking app! And it's completely free 😃

You can use it to create easy and fast food formatted notes but also for big and complex notes.

I personally use it for almost everything, for study, as a cookbook with recipes, as a review book, log and lot more.

There are also Apps for Windows and Mac to view and edit the stuff on PC/laptop

The sync is also very fast and good 😃

If you want to have written notes with a stylus then I would recommend GoodNotes where you can create awesome notes. These notes are also indexed and you can search in your handwritten notes and can also convert your handwritten text to digital text and can export it to other apps, too.

You can also combine these 2 and use GoodNotes for handwritten notes and put the files in 📒 OneNote where you can open the file in all systems, like on iPhone/iPod/iPad, laptop, android devices, windows devices etc.

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask 😃

OneNote (iPhone):
https://appsto.re/de/UjIDy.i
(There's also an iPad app which offers more features)

GoodNotes:
https://appsto.re/de/zjwAU.i

yabolb

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi JobSteves!
I've been always using iPhone and, after tring a lot of note apps, I would recommend you the native app for notes coming in the OS. Easy, fast and free! ;-)

Regards!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi JobSteves!
I've been always using iPhone and, after tring a lot of note apps, I would recommend you the native app for notes coming in the OS. Easy, fast and free! ;-)

Regards!

That's right, if you want a simple, universal and fast notes app, then just use the stock notes app.

But if you want a little more control and options then use EverNote. If you want to have full control and a lot of options and want to create big and awesome notes, then use OneNote

And for handwriting notes GoodNotes

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Vesper & its recommended by imore staff
Using it since getting iphone 6+ & its great for quick notes otherwise onenote then evernote as fb2 said

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought notes plus and notability, tried Evernote, and a few others. I prefer and use OneNote. I take massive amounts of notes at work and OneNote is the best.

I thought I would want to use a stylus to take notes but found you can't beat a keyboard!

cbDev

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try my app 'Slick Lists.' I built about 1 year ago because I was new to the iphone and nothing out there really suited my note-taking style (which is like a combination of lists and outlines.) It is gesture-based though which can throw some people off. Free to use up to 50 items, more if you can figure out copy/paste, IAP to unlock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner