Is playback of 1080p MKV smoothly possible?

AliNSiddiqui

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I know this has been answered before but most of them have been answered a long time ago and Apple likes to mess with apps so I decided to just make sure by making a new one.

The file is going to be AC3 audio with H.264 video. Is playback of this in 1080p possible smoothly?

I should mention that I will be getting an iPhone 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's possible, but without an iPhone 6 to test it on, I can't say for certain....:)

Creation 5

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Well is there an app that can play the mentioned type of file smoothly on an iPhone 5S?

Hey there!

Our app can play 1080p MKV files without conversion if its being streamed off a DLNA / AirPlay server, including your own computer. Any decent internet connection would allow fluid playback. I'm not 100% sure if it can play MKV files stored on the iPhone itself, however. I don't have the filetype on hand to test it.

The device we used to play the file was actually an iPad Air, though we've had no complaints from users on an iPhone or other iPad device. It's currently being optimized for the iPhone 6 / 6+.

I can't post links yet, but you can either google Creation 5 or look for our post in the iPad section.

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion :biggrin:

I'm not sure what the policies for contacting users directly are here - I'd love to send you a free code so you could try it yourself.

Apart from ours, I have a list of apps that play MKV files though not in 1080p, such as PlayerXtreme HD. I'm assuming you're looking specifically for one that can play full HD though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR