Warning: dumb question incoming

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Could someone please teach me how to use Passbook? I've never used it, I only have a vague idea that it "stores" cards but I think I might need it for Apple Pay.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
If you learn in a hands-on way, a couple apps that use it are starbucks, target cartwheel, Kroger, and Walgreens. When you go into those apps at the gift card section or reward card section, respectively, it'll prompt you to add the card to passbook.

I really only use the Starbucks app and Target Cartwheel for passbook, but I know in Starbucks you can set up your favorite stores and then when you get close to the store you'll get a notification (even on your lock screen) and if you tap it, it'll pull up your card information to be scanned. Pretty sure it works similarly with the other apps that use it, because that's the point - making it more convenient.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you learn in a hands-on way, a couple apps that use it are starbucks, target cartwheel, Kroger, and Walgreens. When you go into those apps at the gift card section or reward card section, respectively, it'll prompt you to add the card to passbook.

I really only use the Starbucks app and Target Cartwheel for passbook, but I know in Starbucks you can set up your favorite stores and then when you get close to the store you'll get a notification (even on your lock screen) and if you tap it, it'll pull up your card information to be scanned. Pretty sure it works similarly with the other apps that use it, because that's the point - making it more convenient.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Aaah ok. I'll start playing with that tomorrow, then. Thanks! 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2