Messaging apps you LOVE

hansolo81

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Just moving away from whatsapp and have found a few great alternatives!

Viber - whatsapp with loads more

huayu - send your friends pictures messages as games! If you dont want them to see who it was from make it too hard

kik - connect with everyone.

Sorry to say FB messanger is OK too.

What do you think and what do you use :)

HS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Kik and Viber have been around for a while, but iMessage is all I need and use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only use iMessage and Facebook Messenger. I don't personally know anyone who uses WhatsApp, Viber, Kik or any of those. So...

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The only messaging app I use at all now is the standard SMS Message app as a lot of my friends use Android phones, iMessage isn't used much. With my girlfriend having my 5S at the end of the week, i'll use iMessage more as she's the person I text more than anyone.

When I was jailbroken, I used BiteSMS mainly for the quick reply function. With the advent of iOS8 that is no longer needed of course.

I don't use Kik, Snapchat, Whatsapp, BBM, Facebook Messenger or any of these other standalone messaging apps, nor will I ever use them.

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
If I'm using my iPhone then its mostly iMessage and some FB messenger, when I'm using my android then its SMS and FB messenger. I really try not to use anything for messaging except what's baked into the OS, the rest seems like unnecessary clutter and complication.

yabolb

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I use TELEGRAM because I love features like:
- Secret messages.
- Web/PC/MAC apps to talk from desktop.

Bye, bye WhatsApp!

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I love iMessage. But I also use Whatsapp. Whether I like it or not, my use of a Messenger app has more to do with where I find my friends than what app I prefer.

bshark5150

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe funny, but I use Kakaotalk, a Korean app to message with my fianc? in Korea. Works great and the sound on calls is crystal clear.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
If it works for him, and if that's how he communicates, how is it garbage? It might not work for you and me, but it obviously works for him...

Just stating my opinion, is all. If it works for him, god speed. Me, I think it is garbage.

Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234