App to block users from sneaking into my personal apps like mail, whatsapp

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi acejunker

I'm not sure what you are asking. There is no way others can get access to your apps unless you share an AppleID with someone else. If people are getting access to your mails then it's not through your device but maybe through a web portal if they know your username/password. For instance, if you have a Gmail account then someone could get access to your mail by accessing Gmail through a browser if they know your password.

acejunker

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
If I hand over my phone to my friend to have a look at my phone to make a call. I have used ZD box in android. I am looking at similar one for iOS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I hand over my phone to my friend to have a look at my phone to make a call. I have used ZD box in android. I am looking at similar one for iOS

A name similar to the one you mentioned exists in the App Store, but does not appear to be what you're seeking, in my opinion. Having said that, I'm unaware of an app that will do what you're asking.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Delete your messages. Why keep those? Before you hand over your phone, go to your email accounts in settings and turn them off for the mail app. Other stuff you can require log in credentials.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

acejunker

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
No the idea is not specific to friends. I am a machinist. Most of the time I will be in the shop working. My phone will be in my office with my instructions to attend the call on my behalf. Get the picture??

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No the idea is not specific to friends. I am a machinist. Most of the time I will be in the shop working. My phone will be in my office with my instructions to attend the call on my behalf. Get the picture??

Ah, ya see, that is entirely different than what you said earlier.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This can't be done with a stock iPhone at all. Period.

You can password protect certain apps if you jailbreak your device and install one of the app lock tweaks though. I don't use any of them so I don't know which ones are any good (if any).

acejunker

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. May be jail breaking is not so bad after all. But App Store experience is the best. Surprised to see that they don't have an app for this. Or may be not many have a use for such an app..

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There's no app for that because Apple doesn't allow one app to control another. So it would have to be done on the OS level. I'm guessing Apple hasn't seen enough interest in that feature. Perhaps go to their website and make a suggestion. Can't hurt, anyway.

Yep, I agree Karen.

Acejunker, It definitely can't hurt to let Apple know there is a request for this sort of thing. If enough people want it, maybe they will implement it in the future. It's not outside the bounds of possibility anyway.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
1) Jailbreak your iDevice.
2) Install a tweak called "Applocker".
3) Go to settings of your iDevice, Scroll down you'll see Applocker options. Go into them and select the apps that you want password protected. Set your password and you're done.
4) Need help? Simply search Applocker cydia tweak on YouTube and you'll see a brief video explaining everything the tweak does. Cheers!

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
As one post above mentioned, you can use Cydia apps like applocker to lock apps with a pass code.

If you have an iPhone 5S, you can use an app to lock apps with your fingerprint too, the best ones IMO are Asphaleia and BioProtect. They allow you to use pass code too, in case you can't use your print (older device, wet hands, someone chopped off your recorded fingers, etc).

If you don't wanna jailbreak, you're out of luck unfortunately. Apple never allows 3rd party apps to exercise that level of control over other apps. All you can do is hope Apple does implement it some time in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234