What is the default notification sound for both Facebook & Twitter in iOS?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
May 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello iOS-ers! :)

Strange question I know but, on Windows Phone, the Facebook Messenger app uses the default Windows Phone ringtone when a new message arrives and the Twitter app too. What's it like on iOS? If it's not the default one, what is it? And what about Twitter?

Thanks! :)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Notification sounds

They are all different. But if you'd like, you can change Twitter notification sounds. Not so sure about FB Messenger

dlalonde

Trusted Member
May 27, 2014
Visit site

They are all different. But if you'd like, you can change Twitter notification sounds. Not so sure about FB Messenger

And the FB Messenger on iOS, is it this sound? youtube com/watch?v=DxB52EaLlq0

And Twitter? Is it this? youtube com/watch?v=7tFks8ovsI8

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

And the FB Messenger on iOS, is it this sound? youtube com/watch?v=DxB52EaLlq0

And Twitter? Is it this? youtube com/watch?v=7tFks8ovsI8

Yes to both, but the latter can be changed. I'm not sure about Facebook, but I assume the incoming notification sound can be changed also.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
May 27, 2014
Visit site

I see. So you're getting the OS default as well for Facebook/Facebook messenger and the whistle for Twitter.

I wonder where the sort of ring sound for Facebook Messenger comes from then.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is the default notification sound for both Facebook & Twitter in iOS?

I think the "ding" alert sound must come from Facebook. It can be changed on Android, but not on iOS. Many don't like it. It doesn't bother me. I'm just glad it has an alert sound. There's also a way to log out of FB Messenger. Go to Messenger settings>Privacy and Terms>tap white arrow in upper left>tap the 3 line icon in upper left>scroll down FB menu and tap Log out. This does not affect your Facebook app log in.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
May 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is the default notification sound for both Facebook & Twitter in iOS?

I think the "ding" alert sound must come from Facebook. It can be changed on Android, but not on iOS. Many don't like it. It doesn't bother me. I'm just glad it has an alert sound. There's also a way to log out of FB Messenger. Go to Messenger settings>Privacy and Terms>tap white arrow in upper left>tap the 3 line icon in upper left>scroll down FB menu and tap Log out. This does not affect your Facebook app log in.

Thanks ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner