Facebook is lame

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406905678.264070.jpg

I just checked my app updates and I saw this update from Facebook that is essentially saying to trust them and have their app automatically update. I haven't ever really trusted Facebook and this does not make it any better that they want us to blindly update.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm addicted to Facebook. I use it to stay in touch with family and friends. I recently rediscovered a favourite professor of mine, through a FB friend. So....I'm a fan.

I autoupdate for apps with whom I've had a long relationship. FB is one of them. Been on it since 2007 with no negative incidents.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Needs a dark mode. Needs adjustable fonts. And the notifications suck. On the website, if you get a notification that someone replied to your comment somewhere, the notification takes you to the comment. On the mobile app, it takes you to the article. You can't find your comment to be able to read the replies.

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I got rid of Facebook a few months ago too, they really know how to breach lots of privacy concerns etc..

iPhone 5S Space Grey 16gb

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep, another one who dumped Facebook months ago too. I just hate the intrusion FB seems to have into every corner of my life.

Everyone and his dog seems to have a FB page. Businesses keep wanting to connect their FB page with me. Apps and games constantly want me to log into FB for a 'more seamless experience.' Some websites won't even let me log into them WITHOUT a FB account to connect with. All-in-all, FB has become too all-pervading and I just do not want to constantly see 'carefully selected' advertisements' of 'products I may like' or 'things my friends have liked.' I don't want to be sent a Farmville request or play Candy Crush Saga with my friends. I do not want to see poorly worded passive aggressive comments from 'people I may know.'

Grrrr, do NOT get me started on my deep loathing for Facebook, I will be here all day! :)

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I never understood the hatred of facebook. Apparently the cool kid thing to do is hate facebook. It's trendier to hate facebook now than it was to be on facebook when it required a college email address. Personally I use facebook daily. I have a small friends list of close relatives and friends, many of whom I use facebook to communicate with daily. Don't like something don't use it. Many MANY people enjoy it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not having FB can get you killed. lol

I go on everyday it's like watching the six o'clock news

Very informative

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I never understood the hatred of facebook. Apparently the cool kid thing to do is hate facebook. It's trendier to hate facebook now than it was to be on facebook when it required a college email address. Personally I use facebook daily. I have a small friends list of close relatives and friends, many of whom I use facebook to communicate with daily. Don't like something don't use it. Many MANY people enjoy it.

I have a problem with Facebook because of the way Facebook treated me and other family members over the account for someone who was very close to me who was killed. Don't you DARE presume to know why I have this dislike for Facebook!

Next time, consider that there could be many, MANY reasons why someone doesn't like something and please engage your brain before spouting off!

And so, like my post above said, someone got me started on my dislike of Facebook. I am bowing out of this thread before I say something I will regret.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 61972

I just checked my app updates and I saw this update from Facebook that is essentially saying to trust them and have their app automatically update. I haven't ever really trusted Facebook and this does not make it any better that they want us to blindly update.

How the hell does that make them lame?? Is it any different than apple making that feature available for every iOS user? Nope.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree! It's the in thing for the "cool kids" to hate apple and Facebook. Two companies that aren't going anywhere.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with Facebook because of the way Facebook treated me and other family members over the account for someone who was very close to me who was killed. Don't you DARE presume to know why I have this dislike for Facebook!

Next time, consider that there could be many, MANY reasons why someone doesn't like something and please engage your brain before spouting off!

And so, like my post above said, someone got me started on my dislike of Facebook. I am bowing out of this thread before I say something I will regret.

That's overly harsh, and not the response to someone that should be coming from an ambassador! Everything he said is true. You have no right to get mad at him for stating what he did. If you want to not use Facebook, that's fine. It's unfortunate what happened to you. But, as he said, billions of people use Facebook to communicate everyday, and the "cool kids" think it's cool to hate on them because of their success. If you want to limit yourself to other networks, your loss. There is no need to take out your hate for Facebook on someone that is saying the truth. Also, it's doesn't make sense that you said "don't you DARE presume to know why I have this dislike for Facebook" when right above you gave a whole list of reasons why you didn't like it...

Last edited:

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

"Don't you DARE presume to know why I have this dislike for Facebook!"

Ummm.... my comment was in no way directed at one specific person. But OK. I am sorry for whatever it is you are talking about. But that has NOTHING to be with me and my liking of Facebook. Don't make me the bad guy here. I keep the negativity out of Facebook by the way I use it. that is my choice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR