Retaliation Path of War - Free New Game
Dear all ,
we are happy to inform you that "Retaliation Path of War" is available on iTunes:
Retaliation: Path of War is a new and original hex-and-counter turn based wargame. It has been designed and developed with the main purpose of offering a fun and easy to learn wargame, without the complexity and hyper realism of traditional simulation wargames while at the same time keeping all the interesting and challenging elements of tactical reasoning.
Have you enjoyed playing many matches of Risk™ with your friends but often felt limited by its simplicity and yearned for something more? Have you been engaged in realistic battle simulations lasting several hours (or days!) and wished you could just get to the point and vanquish your enemies?
Then you've come to the right place: whether you are a seasoned strategist or a casual gamer, you will love crushing tanks and conquering bases in Retaliation!
Retaliation: Path of War draws inspiration from a great variety of games (Risk™, Chess, Go, RolePlayingGames, Axis&Allies™, Memoir'44™, Panzer General™, just to name a few) to deliver a fun, immediate and addictive challenge. It is simple to learn and fast to play but it offers an infinite variety of tactical situations.
Key features of the game
- Free, fast, easy, wargaming fun
- Special rolls with special results (e.g. self-damage)
- Initiative (who acts first) decided randomly each turn
- 20 main terrain types influencing movement, combat and production
- Units can merge (two units become one) or split (into two or more units)
- Combat is handled sequentially but considered simultaneous: units have a last chance to fire back even if completely destroyed by enemy's attack
- Reinforcements awarded according to controlled territory, but the richest terrain tiles are the ones harder to defend
- Not just 1-vs-1: when more than two opponents battle each other, there are multiple open fronts and constantly shifting alliances
- Multiple gameplay variants (deterministic chess-like, arcade, boardgame...)
- Freely moddable and expandable: users can create new maps with a map editor and design new terrain graphics