Simply RSS - Free, clean and easy to use RSS Reader.

toml2003

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I made a clean and simple RSS Reader for iOS 7 called Simply RSS. It's easy to use and no account is required.

Please check it out, would also appreciate any feedback.

App Store Link: http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/bd/61/65/bd6165ee-8c84-0359-6d57-1383b27c79b8/screen568x568.jpeg[/IMG]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm downloading at at we speak, and I'll certainly let you know what I think of it a little later. Thank you...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here are my pros and cons upon initial use:

Pros
1. This app downloads and loads feeds FAST! It's the fastest I've used to this point.
2. It has a fresh and clean UI
3. You can save stories as well as "Share" them.
4. Swiping works flawlessly. Swipe left to save Swipe right to go back to the listing.
5. Adding feeds is a cinch.
6. Refresh times can be as often as one minute or as long as 8 hours.
7. You can select to refresh when on Wi-Fi only, if you'd like.

Cons:
1. Only 7 feeds with the FREE version
2. The Settings menu is hidden behind the Edit option
3. No outside reader option (Readability, Instapaper, Pocket, etc), however, the text is layer out very well via the app and an outside reader, at least in my initial observations, is not needed.

Overall opinion? This app is a winner!...:)

toml2003

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback JustMe! I'm glad you like it.

I played with the idea of more and less feeds than 7 for free, what would you suggest as a limit for free?
I hid the settings menu behind Edit to keep the UI clean. I feel that RSS readers are used by more tech savvy people and they will find the Settings menu.

I have tested with Pocket, but it didn't make this version. Later, I plan to add the common third party readers.

But thanks again!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback JustMe! I'm glad you like it.
You're very welcome...:)

I played with the idea of more and less feeds than 7 for free, what would you suggest as a limit for free?
As a business person, I recommend that you leave it as-is, but as a consumer, I'd want enough to cover all of the feeds I subscribe to...lol...but that's what the $1.99 version is for, and I understand that.
I hid the settings menu behind Edit to keep the UI clean.
No problem. I'm just one of those people who immediately seek out the settings/options menu to make adjustments accordingly, and it took me a minute to find it.
I feel that RSS readers are used by more tech savvy people and they will find the Settings menu.
True...and I did find it...:)

I have tested with Pocket, but it didn't make this version. Later, I plan to add the common third party readers.

But thanks again!
No problem, and thank you for introducing such a wonderful app to us. Take care and have a great weekend...:)

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nice clean UI. Feeds are easy to search for and add. Already upgraded. :cool: I would like to see a global feed list so I can go through all of my subscriptions instead of going in and out of each subscription.

toml2003

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice clean UI. Feeds are easy to search for and add. Already upgraded. :cool: I would like to see a global feed list so I can go through all of my subscriptions instead of going in and out of each subscription.

Thanks for downloading and upgrading! I will consider your idea of a global feed list!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, may I recommend a feature that hides the RSS feed list when they have been read or when there are no new feeds to read?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative