Need help with Password apps

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I need your help. I've been looking into password keeping apps and found 1password and datavault. Now I'm seeing password keeper.

I need your help choosing which one is high security, reliable, and would give me a peace of mind based on your experience.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
They all do about the same thing. But each might have one extra feature another one does not have...

I use 1 Password and it works great.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can only speak for the one I've used and that is 1password. Besides security and encryption (which I believe they all do a terrific job) there are other things to consider, like price tag and platform availability if you are considering also getting it for your computer (mac or windows).

I have 1password for mac and iOS, I think 1password is the most expensive of them all and also (I'll dare to say) one of the most used. I like it for many reasons, like how easily it syncs, in mac version how it integrates with the browser and so fast and easy it saves your logins, creates your passwords based on the parameters you give, warns you of how long you haven't changed a password, and how many logins share the same password; you can also use tags and folders to organise your info as well as secure notes and needless to say, it's constantly updated.

I'm sure there are a lot more reasons why other people like it, and also, I think D' uses datavault so he can give you his opinion about it.

Either one you choose I think you'll like it and a lot more people should consider getting one of these, to keep their info save.
Good luck in your purchase! :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As stated they are all good apps and all have anywhere from 10-30 day free trials. Find what you like and then buy that one that suits you. I like Datavault personally.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Those two are the most well known and reliable. If you're just looking for something to work with only Apple devices, you should check out iCloud Keychain. It's free. It's in the iCloud settings.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Those two are the most well known and reliable. If you're just looking for something to work with only Apple devices, you should check out iCloud Keychain. It's free. It's in the iCloud settings.

Whoa really? My goodness thank you so much for that. I wasn't ready to cough up some dough for an app...yet.

How's the iCloud Keychain? You know anything about it?

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Moderator please close this post. I have found my solution. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2