Tapatalk v2.6.1 is now available.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Had to go back to the iMore Forums app. There were too many crashes with the new Tapatalk update. Although the iMore forums app crashes too and doesn't have any notifications it's better than Tapatalk... At least until Tapatalk updates the app and fixes the bugs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Had to go back to the iMore Forums app. There were too many crashes with the new Tapatalk update. Although the iMore forums app crashes too and doesn't have any notifications it's better than Tapatalk... At least until Tapatalk updates the app and fixes the bugs.

What kind of crashes? I haven't had any.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why "oldest post"? Doesn't that take you to the OP every time you open a thread?

You can change that to something like "First unread". Doing so will take you back to where you left off each time you select a particular thread to read.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You can change that to something like "First unread". Doing so will take you back to where you left off each time you select a particular thread to read.

Oh I know! Was just wondering why one would want to go to the OP every time a thread is entered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few recommended settings for Tapatalk:

Push Notifications - Enabled
Signature - Set to "ON" if you don't have one that was created via the forum settings. Otherwise, set it to "OFF".
Tab Behavior - Set it to "Forums" especially if you only subscribe to iMore or already have your forums setup to be accessed via Tapatalk. Also enable "Tab Bar in Forum". In regard to "First Tab" and "Last Visited Tab", that will depend on you. If you've re-arranged the tab to suit your tastes AND have made the tab you frequent most the first tab, then select "First Tab". Otherwise, choose "Last Visited Tab".
Unread behavior - Enabled

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Signature - Set to "ON" if you don't have one that was created via the forum settings. Otherwise, set it to "OFF".
Tab Behavior - Set it to "Forums" especially if you only subscribe to iMore or already have your forums setup to be accessed via Tapatalk. Also enable "Tab Bar in Forum". In regard to "First Tab" and "Last Visited Tab", that will depend on you. If you've re-arranged the tab to suit your tastes AND have made the tab you frequent most the first tab, then select "First Tab". Otherwise, choose "Last Visited Tab".

Thanks for telling me about the tab settings. I've been wondering why it always sent me to the first tab everything I opened iMore.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Excellent post Just!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk