Beats Music vs Spotify (premium)

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Wondering which of the two music apps you prefer. They both stream and have the ability to download songs to phone for offline playback.. However, I recently switched to beats (premium on both), and like it, but Spotify seemed to have a better selection and loads playlist quicker as well. Are there any specific reasons why one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used Spotify and found it to be suitable, but I've never used or had an inclination to use Beats Music. I suppose I'm too much of an old-school dude...:)...Heck, I still prefer "stereo" sound over "digital" sound.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the new updated interface for Spotify pushes it above Beats, but I have to give the apps more of a run through to draw a conclusive comparison between the two.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've used Spotify and found it to be suitable, but I've never used or had an inclination to use Beats Music. I suppose I'm too much of an old-school dude...:)...Heck, I still prefer "stereo" sound over "digital" sound.

I didn't know it was updated .. I'll have to check it out. I'm running into some hiccups with beats at times, and never had that issue on Spotify.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Stefano I know you are looking for comparisons for 3rd party apps but have you tried or considered the Native Music app that comes with 7.1? Throw that in the mix with these and see what you think.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Stefano I know you are looking for comparisons for 3rd party apps but have you tried or considered the Native Music app that comes with 7.1? Throw that in the mix with these and see what you think.

I'm still on 7.0.6 in order to keep my jailbreak. Didn't know that there were changes to the music player.. Will look into it. Thanks

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I switched to spotify yesterday and cancelled my beats subscription. Using the beats app was perfectly fine but honestly I got tired of seeing "50 cent: the essentials" or "G-unit: the essentials" every time I logged in. I followed/liked/listened to many different genres but that didn't really update on my home screen.

Also, spotify seems to sound better (or louder at least) in my car using bluetooth for some reason. The library on beats was stellar and I had no real problems with finding songs I wanted to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Spotify seems to have a better discovery system, and finding artists in the mix seems to yield the results I want immediately. In addition, the sharing and playlist adding options are more intuitive.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched to spotify yesterday and cancelled my beats subscription. Using the beats app was perfectly fine but honestly I got tired of seeing "50 cent: the essentials" or "G-unit: the essentials" every time I logged in. I followed/liked/listened to many different genres but that didn't really update on my home screen.

Also, spotify seems to sound better (or louder at least) in my car using bluetooth for some reason. The library on beats was stellar and I had no real problems with finding songs I wanted to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Spotify seems to have a better discovery system, and finding artists in the mix seems to yield the results I want immediately. In addition, the sharing and playlist adding options are more intuitive.

Thanks for the input. I'm starting to draw the same conclusion myself regarding beats, and Spotify does seem to be faster as well.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
When you update to iOS 7.1 you'll find the iPhone much faster. By the way, I use spotify. ( never installed beats, so I can't compare ).

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You have to keep in mind that beats is a new service/ app while spotify has been around for a long time, also they were very LONG due for an update, that finally came. I'm currently using beats and like it, yes I've also found a few glitches but it doesn't really limit the app for me. I also like the interface, it's innovative and different; I hope full iPad support comes soon.

Tapatalkeando

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2