Recent Pages app update adds 'view only' setting along with other additions.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The latest update for the Pages app just received a major list of improvements, not least of them being the new 'view only' setting which allows you to share documents only for others to view and not to edit.

mzl.nnnyqswm.175x175-75.jpg

The other improvements include:
- Searching documents by name, which would certainly be useful for people with a huge number of documents.
- Inline images and shapes in table cells preserved on import.
- Better placement of inserted and pasted objects.
- New Arabic and Hebrew templates.
- Improved support for bi-directional text.
- A word count for Hebrew.
- Improved E-Pub file format support.
- Controlling of the Z-Order for Bubble chart labels.
- And a number of usability improvements.

On the tail of Microsoft Office for iDevices, Pages fans will not have to worry about their favorite Office documents app lagging behind.

Discuss here in iMore how this update works for you.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it is the same way with the new Microsoft Office unless you buy buy the full blown version of office 360 it is READ ONLY so they all get you one way or another and it isn't cheap to buy. Anyway I am sure there are going to be many unhappy people that want it but not for the price or READ ONLY,

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it is the same way with the new Microsoft Office unless you buy buy the full blown version of office 360 it is READ ONLY so they all get you one way or another and it isn't cheap to buy. Anyway I am sure there are going to be many unhappy people that want it but not for the price or READ ONLY,

You are always going to buy an Office app, one way or another, but to add a subscription fee to Office on iPad? I would rather use Pages for iPad anyday...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You are always going to buy an Office app, one way or another, but to add a subscription fee to Office on iPad? I would rather use Pages for iPad anyday...

Same here unless I worked in a big company that everyone used office etc but them the company would have plenty of keys to use anyways so it would be free .. I can't see paying 100 a year or 10 a month for office when pages does what I need for 10 a bucks one time or now even free with a new device

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here unless I worked in a big company that everyone used office etc but them the company would have plenty of keys to use anyways so it would be free .. I can't see paying 100 a year or 10 a month for office when pages does what I need for 10 a bucks one time or now even free with a new device

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Precisely...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77