Is there a twitter app that can do this?

stuhFAN

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I'm trying to do. I want to be notified on my iPhone of tweets from a specific user that only contain a certain keyword. For eg, I want to be notified when user @Joe tweets the word "sale". So that if the user tweets "1 day sale today only!" I receive a push notification on my phone. Is there an iOS app that can accomplish this? It doesn't have to be an iOS notification, it could be an email or SMS. But native notification would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The iOS twitter app has just been updated today I remember reading about custom notification settings a while back give it a try it's free

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is the latest on the Original Twitter app from out Blog.

Twitter 6.3 brings photo tagging, lets you tweet up to four pictures at once | iMore

Also if you click on the download link and just cancel the pop up box but click on more it might help you

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twitter/id333903271?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Lastly you could just go to Twitter and log in and read what is in the new version. I use twitterffic and short of being able to be notified when a certain person tweets like anyone else I don'tthink you can get that specific with a single word.

[h=1][/h]

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What about checking if there is a recipe in IFTTT for that? I suggest you take a look, maybe there is one or you can make one to meet your needs.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Interesting concept. Don't believe any twitter application can do this yet. The only thing most can still all do is notify you every time someone composes a tweet, and what the contents of the message were.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2